Monday, 7 November 2011

2 for one

Hi all well its Monday I had a busy all day cleaning our animals, doing jobs in the house, yukki ironing too!
I found some time to play, and finished 2 cards off for our friends son who will be 17 this coming Thursday and his Mum called me Saturday and asked if I could make her a card for them to give him… I also needed to make a card for us to give him too!

I’m really happy with how these cards have turned out….

Card 1…
I coloured Skater dude a Karen’s Doodles image in with distress inks I have added glossy accents to the crash hat, pads and board, the piece behind the images is run through the cuttlebug and then I have added silver acrylic paint once dry sanded and grunge with black soot ink, the square button is a faux button I have made in the same way as the faux metal piece I also punched 2 holes and added some twine.
IMG_4122 (800x784)

I have added an insert that says “Happy Birthday Son”
and the back….

IMG_4123 (800x785)
Card 2…
This is the card from us, Sam has a cute dog so this images from Stitchy bear stamps was just perfect, again I have coloured with distress inks…. a small hint of clouds and the Sam 17 is hand written,

IMG_4126 (785x800)
And this is the back of this one
The inside insert – “ Happy Birthday Sam wishing you a Happy 17th birthday ”

IMG_4127 (800x789)
hope you like them I am pretty happy with both of them
Challenges for these cards are:
Card 1
Sweet Sketch Wednesday – Awesome sketch
Poodles Parlour - let's hear if for the boys
Our Creative Corner -  Masculine card or project
Paper Play - Button Up – Faux button hope that counts?

Simon Says Stamp – buttons.
Make it Monday - always Anything Goes.
Stamps R Us - Masculine



Card 2
Sketch Saturday – Awesome sketch – ¼ twist right.
Gingerloft – BINGO – ( Embossing, DP & twine)
One Stop Craft - 3 is a Magic Number (3 different papers, 3 letters –SAM )
Heart Song Inspirations - Anything Goes.

Happy Monday all xx

hugs me x
See you tomorrow for my Top Tip Tuesday Post :0)

22 comments:

  1. Whoooo, who's been a busy bird today then? Both great cards hun, perfect for those difficult teenage boys. If you force me to choose a fave it'd be the second one, but only because of the doggy! Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 Fantastic cards Samantha, love them both. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great cards for a teenager. It's sometimes hard to make!
    Samanta you are decorating at the back side of many of your cards now!! So clever you are, it looks gorgeous.
    Dorte,xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samantha,
    Excellent masculine cards and I'm loving how you individualize the back of the cards as well. I never think to get that far into the card. Great work and now I'm inspired to put that on my list of things to try.
    Ick for ironing but YEAH for 2 wonderful cards.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous masculine cards. The images are great and I love how you've embellished them, especially the hand written detail. Wonderful detail on the back of the card too.

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they are both fabulous male cards Samantha...great colouring and images and I love the insides on both...fabulous work...

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ... these cards are great ... love both of them, but I really like the skater boy, great colouring and great design!
    Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic cards for a 17 yr old Samantha.. Saw these on MIM..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! BOTH are fantastic. These are great for a teenage boy. Great cards.
    Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us Challenges.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great lot of cards! Love the detail and colouring. They would wonderful cards for a 17 year old!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at GingerLoft Challenges:)
    Hope you come back again:)
    Huggs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think both of these cards are just terrific. Your Glossy Accents really shows up nicely on your first card. The second card is so special with the boy and his dog. I am sure your son's friend will really be happy with these. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh brilliant cards Samantha.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic cards, love the images! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are fabulous. I love the sue of the glossy accents. Such a nice added touch. You car be proud of these cards. Your friends son will love them. Excelent work! Thanks for sharing your cards with us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Samantha,
    Absolutely Fabulous Card!!! Love the Fab image, the dp's, the colour scheme is just gorgeous. Love the layout. Coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Poodles Parlour and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cards, Samantha - great male embellies, I especially like that square button.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Samantha, I love both of your cards especially masculine cards as they aren't the easiest of cards to make. Love your skate board image I'll have to get that for my son who has a skate board and the gear but I haven't really seen him use it yet, well he looks good all dressed up he's a little vain. Great images, colours and embellishments. Awesome cards great job and thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!! Two fabulous cards Samantha!! Love both of these images and you definitely ROCKED with the layouts and coloring of them!! Thanks for playing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Hugs sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Terrific boy cards inside and out! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great bunch of card, really like the 3d effect on the scateboarder. Thanks for playing with us at the Poodles Parlour, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great guy cards! So glad I saw it on MIM! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow fabulous cards!
    Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week over at Sketch Saturday :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this