Friday, 7 October 2011

Do you love wearing red?

For many years I didn't think I could wear Red..
so avoided it like the plague..
Until we were planning our wedding, my plans changed from teal and brown when I could not find that perfect dress..
Trying on a dress that had red on it to try the style rather than the colour,…. Until my (now husband) said THAT is YOUR dress… Hmmmm complete change of plans and I had this dress that had a huge amount of red.

so I love flowers as you can see if the wedding photo the flowers are red.... so when I saw these Penny Black flowers I just knew what colour they were going to be, although I’m not sure what type of flowers they are I just new I wanted to colour them red… I have coloured them with distress inks and and liquid pearls so they glimmer.

The butterfly is a CC designs die and added some twine and a mini shell button, The papers are new Echo Park papers white we have at Penrith Crafts, I just love this paper so versatile, I have used aged mahogany distress to colour a portion of the print, the reverse of the print paper is for the butterfly. The paper is the same paper as I used for the card I made on
this post here.
IMG_3844
Finished off with the Twine and a Hi There sentiment.
A few challenges for me to play today! and I doooo love challenges they are very inspiring the DT’s and the players.. Thank you one and all!

Ok off to work! see you later have a Great Day everyone :0)

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in with October's Flowers of the Month challenge fromThe Daring Cardmakers - that stamp looks just right for a lovely cosmos flower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card!
    thanks for joining us at DCM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both you and your dress looked gorgeous Samantha
    There is a new blog ( details on my blog) we would love for you to become a follower and maybe mention it on your blog. There is some candy on offer too!
    hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Samantha. Love that flower, butterfly and the glittery edges on the paper. The string adds a neat finish to it..and by the way I just love that dress;) But I wore pale pink for mine hahaha;) Hugs Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, lovely flowers.
    Sketchy Colors's colorchallenge this week are red, grey and green, I can't see any grey on your card. But please let me know if there are, cameras often lie on the colores.
    Hugs, Kaia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! Red looks great on you and that bouquet is fabulous...oh back to the card..those flowers look wonderful too and the butterfly is a sweet touch.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again.
    Super, as I said, cameras can "twist" the colores.
    Thank you for joining SC colorchallenge this week.
    Hugs, Kaia

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, your wedding photo is gorgeous..luv the dress...I do not wear red because I have red hair, I stick with the warm tones...lol....your card is stunning too, great details...hope you have a fabby weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Oldie But A Goodie challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stunning, I love this, thanks for sharing with us at Anything goes challenge, hope to see you again, Gaynor :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there indeed - that's a lovely card - and a lovely dress! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at The Daring Cardmakers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi
    what a brilliant Card

    thanks for joining us at OLDIE BUT A GOODIE CHALLENGE and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet card with gorgeous colours! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card and piccy's Samantha, I love the sparkle.
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Play for our Autumn colours challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this