Wednesday, 26 October 2011

ABC Christmas Challenge V is for….

Well can you believe another 2 weeks has passed
And we have another fun ABC Christmas challenge for you!
But first!
Wowzers you did us proud last on the last Challenge U for Unused Stash we had 209 entries!!
tehehhee I am thinking you all have lots of lovely stash you have not used until now? so well done for cracking all those things open and getting those un inked stamps mucky! you did a brilliant job! and we had an awesome time looking and commenting on your entries!!

So then to this weeks Challenge
V is for Vintage this challenge is way out of my comfort zone and I had to do a lot of browsing to find inspiration.

I hope that my card inspires you…. and also my team members have some AWESOME projects that should also help!
Our sponsors this time are:
Some exciting news we have a NEW sponsor at ABC Christmas challenge and they are The Ribbon Reel
and we also have
Soooo here is my card, I have used papers from the Bo Bunny Father Christmas Collection
IMG_4007 (800x728)
and then I used some of the papers to cut my Marianne poinsettia die and added a brad for the centre after distressing it, I have 2 ribbons made into a big blow and I have stickled the edge of the image layer and curled the top right corner, the sleigh charm I wanted to age too so I have used alcohol inks and then burnished it.
Simple…. haha!! Oh I also added some gold gelly roll pen to the poinsettia here is a closer look at the poinsettia
IMG_4011 (800x741) 
and the sleigh
IMG_4007 (800x728) - Copy
Hope you can come and play at the ABC Christmas challenge it would be brilliant if we had the 209 entries this week and then some….
Challenges I am joining for this card are:

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful vintage card hunny - love those papers...and the flower is awesome!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, wherever you looked to find inspiration, you found it...this is wonderful! LOVE that antique Santa image and your flower is drool worthy with the gorgeous ribbon. Nicely done, Samantha. You should be proud of this card!
    Oh, love the curl on the DP as well, adds a perfect vintage and aged look.
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha your card gets a "v" for victory. You met this challege with style and creative flair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous image and lovely colour choice, love your card. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Samantha :-)I love this Santa and the lovely vintage papers and distressing ,, fabulous ! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge too :-)xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful. If you do this good working out of your comfort zone, I can only imagine how gorgeous you'd do in your comfort zone. Your cards is amazing.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous vintage card, Samantha! I love the papers you have used and your flower is absolutely gorgeous!!! Lots of hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ho, ho, this is such a fan vintage card, Samantha. Love your distressing ang glitter. And Santa... Be nice!
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply Stunning Samantha! I love the poinsettia. All the details you added are goegeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning creation, hun! I love the poinsettia and how you distressed the image, hugs, Miria x

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a gorgeous vintage creation, thank you so much for joining us at the Winter Wonderland this week
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have some candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning card - thank you so much for joining us at totally papercrafts this week x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really beautiful Samantha. You certainly found the needed inspiration. Who says you can't do vintage? Here's the proof that you can. And I just love the poinsetta. Hugs Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Samanatha. Love those gorgeous papers. Hugs Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  15. You made a beautiful card but didn't use a 3D image or stamps from Marianne Design.
    Sorry, net time try again.

    xx Anita
    Designteam MD

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what a beautiful vintage card! :)
    Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. :)
    Have a nice day.
    Hugs Lena

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning vintage creation ,thanks for joining us at Marianne´s Design Divas this month!
    Hugs Gudrun

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this