Wednesday, 19 October 2011

2 little dickie birds

Nursery rhyme inspired for Simon says Stamps Challenge today
My inspiration is "2 little dickie birds"

This card was fun to make I started off by drawing a template for the heart infact I used the whole left rather than the heart as I wanted a mask I blended distress ink direct to the card stock and used faux stitching to highlight, then I stamped the branch, leaves and flowers direct to the card also added the birds too!
I also stamped both birds onto another piece so I could decoupage them.
Stamped the sentiment and and the musical notes. 
Some other fun challenges I would like to join also today.
  •  Craft Your Passion - Double Up with Pink - 2 birds and the heart is pink... for those that know me will know using pink was a challenge in itself! ahha!
  • KB Cute Monday - Anything Goes
  • Corrosive Challenges - Flying Things
  • Scrappy Frogs - Something that Flies

    Thanks for all the lovely comments you have all been leaving I really do appreciate each and every one! hugs me x

11 comments:

  1. Soft, delicate and beautiful. Have a wonderful day Samantha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet birds! Beautiful job with the coloring too!!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
    -Sarah

    For more chances to win:
    Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter!
    Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah...this is wonderful! I'm so totally stealing/borrowing/casing this idea. You know my nickname is bird and this would be perfect for me to send to the hubs. Thanks for the inspiration. Good luck in your challenges.
    Hugs,
    Lisa
    P.S. Your tip idea...FABULOUS! Already putting it to good use. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on this card. I absolutely love it.
    God Bless
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally love your card! It is so so cute and all the stamping you did is fantastic! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, adorable card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card and colouring sweetie. Thank you so much for my welcome home card it was equally gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very different approach from what you usually do but it really works well. I love the beautiful look that you have achieved by layering so many stamps.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love the cute little birds.
    hugs
    Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Samantha, the image is so sweet and pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our Nursery Rhymes / Fairytales challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this