Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Top Tip Tuesday What a week!

I know I know its only Tuesday and I said what a week in the title…. But I was referring to last week and our Top Tip Tuesday birthday bash! what a fun week, AWESOME entries and so many winners and a special thank you to all of you that came to comment on my blog!!
This weeks Challenge is Challenge 51 - Birthday Time!
We thought we'd keep our Birthday Celebrations going for a week longer so this challenge is one of the most popular.... and we all need birthday cards right?
SO then to the Gorgeous Sponsors for this Challenge…
The Emerald Faeries Garden
And our lovely Lisa has written a brilliant double wiper card tutorial and I have to say its mega easy to follow! and really a fantastic fun card for a child!
Well I have to say I had not made a wiper card and when I started to look at the instructions I quietly thought to myself no way! can’t work that out! HMMMPH! being dyslexic I could not make head nor tail of it… Soooooo I decided to not do one!….. But me being me could not give up and once I has cut the sizes out it seemed easier…
so here is my first wiper card using Isla from Emerald Faeries Garden, Thanks Debs, hope your feeling better…
This is the card closed and would fit in a standard envelope.IMG_3668 (800x600)
Something I have been having fun doing
decorating the back! thanks to my good friend Dorte for getting me into that..
IMG_3666 (800x538)
I also used a new spellbinders Shapeabilities to make my card its called Blossom Tags and Accents which we now have at Penrith crafts too! Saying that we have a truck load of new stock! if your passing pop in there's so many new things, yummi!
Card with the wiper popped up.
IMG_3665 (800x588)
Ok so I also used Hello Luscious Basic Grey papers, TH tattered florals die and an EK success punch, distress inks, sentiment from the tiny sentiments clear set, ribbon, robins nest gems, jute, the flower is made from the waste from one of the Shapeabilities dies look closer at the shape behind the main image to the back left, then a small punched flower and Robins nest gem and pin centre.. By the way if you can not see the card so well click the image in will enlarge…
Don’t for get us DT love comments too! the team have some fab inspiration, and we have the amazing Deneen Treble as a guest designer too!
Challenges I am joining today are:  

Happy Tuesday everyone!!
:0)

18 comments:

  1. Wiper cards are fun, for kids or grown ups!
    I enjoyed to see the backside of your card today ;)
    Hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Samantha. This is gorgeous. Love the design of your wiper card, and I just love the image you've used as well. Beautiful decorated back as well. Hugs Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is fantastic. Such a fun card. Love the image.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samantha,
    I'm gonna say that you knocked this wiper card out of the ballpark! Thank you for your sweet comment earlier. :D I just came by to gather some inspiration and I'm glad I did.
    Decorating the back, huh...now that's new for me, but I think I'll give it a whirl.
    Have a great one and thanks for sharing your beautiful card.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the image Samantha, and love this style of card, not seen many before quite unique
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't she just darling? Love your image!
    Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! To be in with a chance to win this week's prize all you need to do is leave a comment for one or more of the entries this week and let them know you saw their creation on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!!!!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great wiper card! Thankyou for taking part in the first Crafty Boots Challenge! Amyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Samantha
    Such an adorable image. A GREAT CARD
    Saw it on MIM.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colors and cute image.
    Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this one, it is gorgeous.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute is that image! And wow! your cards looks amazing!

    Thanks for playing along with us over at Lia Stampz and don't forget we have a 50% off storewide untin 30th of September!

    Hugs,
    Laura
    Lia Stampz DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is gorgeous Samantha! Thx for linking up to the Make It Monday party!

    mary J x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun image - thanks for sharing this with us over at Lia Stampz for our birthday challenge and good luck :-)

    xx Happy crafting and glittery hugz xx

    Sazzle

    http://sazzlecraft.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Skikkelig flott kort med et herlig stempel :))
    Tusen takk for at du deltar, hilsen Unni på Scrapperiket :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great fun card.

    Thank you for entering the first Crafty Boots challenge.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Samantha, this is such a fun fold I have never done the wiper card yours is so cute love it,
    thanks so much for sharing this with us at Whoopsi Daisy this week and good luck.
    Hugs
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did an amazing job on this wiper card - doesn't look like your first try, it's just awesome!! Thanks so much for playing at WHOOPSI DAISY and THERE'S MAGIC IN THE AIR this week. Hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for joining us at DCD with this gorgeous card.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this