Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Top Tip Tuesday Thank you

Well its another Top Tip Tuesday and I am currently away on my summer holiday visiting family in Sardinia,
So I hope the weeks are not passing to quickly!

Over on Top Tip Tuesday this week
The Challenge theme is THANK YOU
 

Maggie with a fantastic Centre Step Card Tutorial for you!
So be sure to check that out.

 IMG_3261
I have made a mini card using some braying techniques, so read through for the tips on how it was done

I have made the background brown layer by wrapping elastic bands around my brayer and rolling them into distress inks and then onto the tan coloured card, Then the round top layer, I first printed the sentiment, then I used distress inks making a pale sun in the top right edge with masking it off! making the grass from the side of the roller, then the flowers and dragonflies are stamped in memento, then I have highlighted with a white gel pen.


Challenges I would love to join

Have a great Tuesday everyone :0)

16 comments:

  1. A great summery card. I love the inking using rubber bands to make the pattern.Great idea. I have not tried this myself. I have only done a little bit of inking but have joined a class to learn more.
    I saw your lovely card on the make it Monday linky blog.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its beautiful Samantha. Hope you are having a lovely holiday. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Samantha. Thanks for sharing all your tips for this gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Samantha,
    Thanks so much for your always encouraging comments on my blog. It's a pleasure not only working with you, but seeing your creations and thinking to myself, "How did she do that?!"
    Hugs to you,
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pretty yellow card jumped out at me at Make it Monday and I wanted to drop by to tell you how beautiful it is...love all the techniques that make it look simply gorgeous! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Creation

    Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot challenge this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Love the design and colours. Thank you for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. great use of the brayer...i haven't been brave enough yet! great card, saw it in mim x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Thank You card Samantha - fab image :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors on this. so pretty. Saw it on MIM.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Samantha, I love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men for our Anything Goes challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous card, Samantha! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your brayer tip! You commented on my center step mini card (thanks!) and asked for some measurements - so here they are:

    Start with an 8 1/2 x 5 1/4 inch cardstock base
    Score and fold in half (to make it 4 1/4x 5 1/4 closed).
    Then, make all the same cuts/score marks as the tutorial but with one inch measurements.
    It's just a HAIR smaller than a regular A2.
    Good luck and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. makes me want to get the very unsued brayer out and have a go lol
    thanks for joining us at cards for men
    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this