Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Good Top Tip Tuesday and Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Well its Tuesday and that means its Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, and this week we have a Tutorial by Katrina and a great Challenge too! This weeks theme is
‘Straight Edges’
So that means No circles or ovals or anything with curves etc
This weeks AWESOME sponsors are
and
So for my project for this challenge I wanted to make a tag and a card so I used 2 images as Robyns Fetish were kind and gave us some images to work with, so using Birdie's Nest I have made a tag with shrink plastic, I printed off the image into an A5 sheet and then traced it onto clear shrink plastic, coloured it with distress inks .

As I loved this image below also I decided to make 2 things and using Waking Up Birdie I also did a matching card, coloured with the distress inks also, but using a simple lay out and some Ribbon from my friend Helen she sent me for my Birthday. the little flower with jute tied on is shrink plastic also.
A few gems and there you go!

Don't forget to follow our Top Tip Tuesday rules;
~ Link to post and not just your blog ~
~ No back linking ~
~ Max 3 entries each ~
~ Add 'TIP' after your name to indicate you also have a tip in your blog post ~
Oh and the challenge closes at 5pm UK time Monday 15th August 2011
So then a couple of challenges to play but I am away next week so if I win please give me a chance to claim the prize! wishful thinking on my part there! haha! hardly ever in so probably wont! haha

One Stitch At A Time -  Use a Digi.
Opus Gluei - No sentiment - 2nd project (card).
Catch The Bug - August Anything goes Challenge.
Clearly Inspired - Things with wings.
Glitter Geeks - furry and feathery friends.
Inspire Me Fridays - always anything goes.
Oh and almost forgot
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee tehheheee!!
This time tomorrow I will be on my way to Sardinia,
WEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEeeeeeeee!
Visiting and holidaying with my Husband's family! YAY!
:0)

19 comments:

  1. Loving what you have done babes, these birds are soooooo adorable. I particularly like the bird house. And clever you using shrink plastic (scary stuff) so effectively. Have a super holiday - missing you already! Hugs Sxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, love the blue with the kraft paper and what a great idea to make the flower out of shrink plastic. Hope you have a great holiday. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a darling image, and I love the color combo you chose, Samantha. Thanks so much for playing along with CIC#33 ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely cards, like the birdhouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week at Catch The Bug.
    hugs
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, love that sweet little bird and the birdhouse. The coloring is perfect and gentle for the mood evoked and a just right amount of bling for the flowers. Just a lovely card.

    Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Opus Gluei, please come back again and take on new challenges with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, these just make me smile. :D See? Love seeing your projects and working with you. Always an inspiration.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh - have a fabulous time - big hugs to you and yours

    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, I love both of these Samantha - and in my favourite colours too! They are so pretty.

    Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks and good luck :).

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGoodness. how absolutely adorable...just love the new home cards. Thank you for joining us at the Catch the Bug challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects. I especially love the tag. Wonderful idea to use the shrink plastic, I have not tried it since I was a child.

    Have a wonderful holiday.
    Hugs,
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card Samantha. Beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks and good luck. Hope to see you again soon.
    Steph xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful cards Samantha. I really like the distressed paper edges on the second design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so sweet. love it.

    thanks for playing with us at OSAAT this week, hope you will join us next time too.

    my little scrappingcorner
    DT One Stitch At A Time

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely Samantha, love the distressing and cute image. Thank you for joining us OSAAT this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, lovely image. Thanks for joining in with our challenge over at OSAAT this week and good luck. Julie DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've created a very happy looking bird there! I'm sure she'll raise a fine clutch of chicks :-)
    Thank you for joining us at Opus Gluei.
    Gini
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is so beautiful. I love all the textures you used. Thank you so much for playing along with us at OPUS GLUEI.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Shrink plastic, huh? Very interesting. Love the colors and design.
    Thanks for playing "something with wings" at www.clearlyinspired.typepad.com
    Hope to see you on Friday for the release of challenge #34.
    Have a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this