Recycling and Ribbons or Rhinestones
Its Carissa turn this challenge to host the ABC Christmas Challenge. You must create a Christmas project using at least one recycled item and it must also include either ribbons or rhinestones. You may use both if you desire.
We have the fabby Digital Delights sponsoring our challenge this time,
Carissa has a fantastic list of recycling Hints and Tips to get you started with ideas you could use for your projects….
OK so what did I do?
I have recycled a bottle
Not sure if you can see it is a bottle of marinade… empty! haha..
I also recycled some paper from a present from the wedding of my husbands niece.. as he is her god father he/we were bought a lovely gift and you can see some of the paper used here on the table
and here is my bottle….. altered and totally transformed into a little gem I am so happy with this one and how it has turned out… I was feeling like my mojo had stayed on its holidays….. but I think its back well for this project at least….
Click the pictures for a close up
Ok so how did I do it…
I tore the paper I was using from the packaging of the wedding gift into small ¼ inch pieces ( tear them as then you can not see the edges) then with Claudine Hellmuth Matte multi medium start to apply with a small brush to the bottle and then add the pieces of paper smoothing down with the multi medium as you work… It dries fairly quick so very little mess then I punched the snowflakes glued those on with glossy accents and added the card candies on foam pads… tied the wire and jute around the neck of the bottle added beads and Rhinestones as you twine, added a hand written tag, for the lid I added multi medium to the lid allowed to dry then painted with acrylic paint to match the papers I mixed the paints… White and violet..
Finally I added some liquid pearls and left to dry…and its lilac and not pick! yay!! tehhehehheee :0) I really do hope you can come play with us this time, Christmas is not far away now!
- Cupcake Craft - Alter It!
- Just Some Lines - Anything but a card.
- One Stop Craft - Anything but square.
- Bah Humbug – Girly Christmas project
- Christmas Stampin' All Year Long – monochromatic.
- Inspire Me Fridays - Always anything goes.
- *NEW* Show and Tell - Anything goes.
- Stampin For The Weekend - holidays- Christmas
- Divas by design - Christmas in August
- One Stop Craft Challenge - Anything But Square
- Pixie Dust Studio - Add a Tag or Create a Tag.
- Lollipop Crafts is 'Recycle It”
- Partytime Tuesdays - Anything Goes.
- Try It On Tuesday - Alter Anything
- Stampavie and more - Christmas in summer
see you there!