Wednesday, 31 August 2011

ABC Christmas Challenge R is for

Recycling and Ribbons or Rhinestones
Its Carissa turn this challenge to host the ABC Christmas Challenge. You must create a Christmas project using at least one recycled item and it must also include either ribbons or rhinestones. You may use both if you desire.
We have the fabby Digital Delights sponsoring our challenge this time,
Carissa has a fantastic list of recycling Hints and Tips to get you started with ideas you could use for your projects….
OK so what did I do?
I have recycled a bottle
IMG_3499
Not sure if you can see it is a bottle of marinade… empty! haha..
I also recycled some paper from a present from the wedding of my husbands niece.. as he is her god father he/we were bought a lovely gift and you can see some of the paper used here on the table
IMG_3431
and here is my bottle….. altered and totally transformed into a little gem I am so happy with this one and how it has turned out… I was feeling like my mojo had stayed on its holidays….. but I think its back well for this project at least….
Click the pictures for a close up Smile
bottle-2
bottle-1
Ok so how did I do it…
I tore the paper I was using from the packaging of the wedding gift into small ¼ inch pieces ( tear them as then you can not see the edges) then with Claudine Hellmuth Matte multi medium start to apply with a small brush to the bottle and then add the pieces of paper smoothing down with the multi medium as you work… It dries fairly quick so very little mess Smilethen I punched the snowflakes glued those on with glossy accents and added the card candies on foam pads… tied the wire and jute around the neck of the bottle added beads and Rhinestones as you twine, added a hand written tag, for the lid I added multi medium to the lid allowed to dry then painted with acrylic paint to match the papers I mixed the paints… White and violet..
Finally I added some liquid pearls and left to dry…and its lilac and not pick! yay!! tehhehehheee :0) I really do hope you can come play with us this time, Christmas is not far away now!

see you there!
hugs Samantha

25 comments:

  1. Hi Samantha! What a fab transformation! I love how you've decorated your bottle, so pretty! I love the recycled paper you've used! Thanks for participating at Cupcake, Shelly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly Samantha,
    This is wonderful! Umm, yes, I'd say your MOJO is definitely with you. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Lisa xx
    LOL.."not pink" HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous creation Samantha :-) what a brilliant transformation ,,, stunning ! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this is fabulous...great recycling job!
    Love the pretty paper...just one question...what are you going to put in it???
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea and gorgeous end result :) Thanks for joinng us at Cupcakes this week and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely recycling of your bottle, pretty paper; glad you have found your mojo.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Samantha, and such a brilliant idea! Also do I need to mention how much I love the colours:-)? Thank you for joining us at Cupcake this week hun and good luck:-)! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and clever hun (just like you) and not the tiniest bit of PINK to be seen, ROFL!! Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how pretty! Thank you for joining our Anything But a Card challenge at Just Some Lines! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is just FABULOUS! Truly gorgeous and such a clever idea! thanks for explaining how you made it. I'll be trying this for SURE! Thanks for joining the Humbuggers this week. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a clever project! Looks just fabulous! Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful - fun idea! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty. Love the color. Thanks for joining the Divas challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Samantha, this is gorgeous! I love the lilac colour! You are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what a fantastic project. Just so pretty and perfect for the TioT challenge this week. Thank you for sharing it with us.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. How lovely.Thanks for joining in this weeks One Stop Craft Challenge. Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so unique and great. I love that you put some directions down!

    Thanks for linking up to my show and tell! Remember, every Friday at
    my Website we do it again!

    Rebecca
    "Crafting Misfit"

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Samantha, wow what a stunning altered bottle. Your instructions are brilliant, which is a big help as I wouldn't know where to start lol! I love the colours and papers. Thank you for sharing with us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A wonderful recycle and altered project. love how it turned out. Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday and have a wonderful day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous transformation. This beautiful bottle would make a gorgeous gift. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Party Time Tuesdays.

    Danie - PTT Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful gift. Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and more.
    Hugs Nadell

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow this is amazing. Love it & thanks for joining us at Divas

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely altered project for TioT. Thanks for playing with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great craft project x
    Thanks for joining in with us at stampin' for the weekend x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such a fabulous job!! So pretty! And great use of the recycled materials!!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this