Wednesday, 20 July 2011

Sad but she has to go!

My Best Friend is leaving town to move back to the town where her parents and rest of her family live she lost her partner tragically nearly 2 years ago and has their Daughter to bring up… Her 2 older children are now away from home on their own adventures in life… she is making the move now before her their/her Daughter is to old as she will be starting year 1 in September so she has made the tough decision to move now… I don’t envy her i made the same decision 7 years ago…. I will miss her sooooooo much but I know in my heart this is something she just has to do now so I have made this card for her!

My thanks for
Simon says Stamp and Whiff of joy challenges for their awesome inspiration and help with this difficult card…
She was Best Girl at my wedding last year and I her rock when her Partner died the year before suddenly!
Gosh! this post is hard….
Carrie MISS you!
OK so for the card:
Carrie
Simon says Stamp are asking us to use newspaper..I used some paper from an Italian paper and also basic grey papers, I paper pieced the dress and shoes, Whiff of Joy have an awesome Sketch

The flower is a combination of news paper and Basic grey card stock and there is a news paper boarder under the white boarder peeking out. and I have also added a pin and a pearl to the flower, I have used organza ribbon for the bow and then heat blasted it to get it to go curly wrinkly…. Oh and I got my sewing machine out and stitched the whole thing together!
(Yes mum I used a blunt needle) or in fact a needle I use just for paper! thehehee
4carrie
If you click on the pictures they open so you can see better. I created the tag myself as I have not got a fancy tag die YET!! I also created my own handmade by disc for the back of my card,  you can see some more of the newspaper here too! and I have made this sentiment myself. the idea is from Dorte as she uses these on the back of her cards and I always look at them longingly and think I should do one of those well thank you Dorte I have… I do have normal labels I normally put on my cards but I wanted to do something special.
Carrie - handmade by
Here are a few other challenges I have joined in with too!
Another card today too! I think I am on a roll!
I have had a lovely play also with another card today and I really hope that this is ok for Less is more…. The thing is I have enjoyed my play and made a card I ahve been wanting to do for a while but needed the right inspiration now the funny part is the inspiration came from Less is more but also from Mandi’s blog, Hope you don’t mind me showing this picture Mandi….

So Mandi & Chrissie at Less is More Challenge are asking for Circles not just a circle card or a couple of circles stuck on!
So here is what I have done….
I cut several circles and positioned them on a square card with repo tape, then distressed peeled paint and aged mahogany over everything… removed the circles and added some gel pen stitching so the card is just one layer direct onto the card. punched the flowers out of the removed circles and then added card candy with faux stitching a simple just for you sentiment. That’s it!
for less is more

    Here are my DT posts if your looking for those
    Stamp Fairy Challenge – Colour Challenge
    Top Tip Tuesday Challenge – Shaped cards
    ABC Christmas Challenge – O is for Old.
    Have a great evening off to do some hopping and commenting now!

    23 comments:

    1. That's a lovely card for your friend and I'm sure she'll love it and treasure it.Love the circle card-the colours are great.

      ReplyDelete
    2. amazing ,thank you so much for joining us at Clear It OUt

      ReplyDelete
    3. I was sorry to hear that your friend is moving away, but the times when you do get together thereafter will be so much the sweeter.
      I was interested that Mandi's jellies inspired you... was it the thought of the vodka?
      I love getting inky too.. I see your white space this week is inside the circles!
      Thanks so much for joining us again Samantha.
      Chrissie
      Lady LIM
      "Less is More"

      ReplyDelete
    4. what a stunning set of cards ,i am sure your friend will cherish this card ,its such a beautiful card,made with love,
      when i moved away 3 yrs ago from my family and friends,my Best buddy said she would think of it as not "losing her best mate....just getting a new holiday destination!"
      i wish your friend all the best and hope you don't miss her too much
      thanks for joining us at ooh la la and good luck
      tracey x

      ReplyDelete
    5. LOVE both of your cards, stunning work!
      Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

      Take care,
      Kylie X

      ReplyDelete
    6. Beautiful cards both of them. The back side with your "Handmade..." is fab.
      Never easy when friends are leaving. I like the "new holiday destination" way of thinking.
      hugs Dorte

      ReplyDelete
    7. Love your gorgeous cards Samantha.
      luv
      Debby

      ReplyDelete
    8. Lovely cards Samantha

      http://janetscraftycreations.blogspot.com/2011/07/circles.html

      ReplyDelete
    9. Gorgeous cards Samantha :-) both are lovely ! The WOJ one I am sure your friend will LOVE,,, it is sad when friends move away but am sure you will keep in touch and visit often :-)
      The circles card is FAB ,, very funky style ,,, LOVE IT :-)

      thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
      luv
      Lols x x x

      ReplyDelete
    10. Two fabulous cards. So sorry your friend is moving away. Don't be sad think of the holidays you can spend together at each other's towns.

      Hugs
      Cathy
      xxxx

      ReplyDelete
    11. A beautiful card for your friend, sure she'll treasure it. Your LIM card is fab, great colours & design. xx

      ReplyDelete
    12. So sad your friend is moving away but with Facebook you'll never be too far apart! Love your circles card it's a perfect fit for our AnnaBelle Stamps Challenge to Say It With Circles this week! Thanks for playing and good luck!

      ReplyDelete
    13. great cards, love the distressing effect on the lim card x

      ReplyDelete
    14. I did a double take at that jellies picture then Samantha lol
      super card, not too much white space, but I like it, so effective
      There were other colours of jellies too ha ha
      All the best to your friend, sure you will keep i touch x
      Thank you
      Diva LIm
      "Less is More"

      ReplyDelete
    15. Fabulous card hun made with love for someone dear to you...she will always be just a phone call away
      Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine Challenges this time hope to see you next time too!!
      hugs
      laney

      ReplyDelete
    16. Hi Samantha, this is just gorgeous. I love the colours you've used and the cute image. Hugs Michele x

      ReplyDelete
    17. I love this image :) Your card is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine......

      Hugs
      Judith

      ReplyDelete
    18. Awwww, how sad that your friend is moving away - I hope it all works out for her. And although you might not live so near to one another, with a friendship like yours, I'm sure you'll always be friends, no matter the distance. Lots of emails and phone calls should do it!!! Two gorgeous cards - I love the flowers on the first one! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash - hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Marie xx

      ReplyDelete
    19. Ooh I am sorry to hear you are so sad, Samantha! The card you have made for your special friend is gorgeous, I am sure she will love it! I love evrything about it, the tag and image, the colours, your fantastic flower, the stitching, and your handmade sentiment:-)! And I really like your circle card too! Sending you BIG BIG hugs! MWAH! Delphine xx

      ReplyDelete
    20. Both great cards. I really like that circle idea and may just have to give it a try.
      TFS
      Paul
      (Please check out my blog too, I think you may like what you see...)

      ReplyDelete
    21. Love these both..just too cute. Sorry to hear your friend is moving..that is hard. Thanks for joining us at SOS!

      ReplyDelete
    22. oh WOW - great cards! I love your paper piecing on your Willow card. Gorgeous work.
      Thanks for joining us at WOJ Challenges.
      Hugs Kylie

      ReplyDelete
    23. Hi there Samantha!
      What an awesome interpretation of Kylies sketch :) Love your colouring of this lush Willow image :) Beautiful colouring and awesome papers :)

      Thank you for joining us st WOJ challenges this week :)
      Welcome back!
      Hugs

      ReplyDelete

    I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

    Share this