Wednesday, 6 July 2011

N is for No Nonsense

Good Morning Peeps!
Well I am just posting this before shooting off to work we have had the shop in bits as Sandra bought a second-hand pigeon hole unit to accommodate some new wool! GREAT! I hear you say! Hmmmmm Yes great BUT!!!! and here is the But!………… We have had to totally re arrange the WHOLE shop! to fit it in! now picture the sense! when I say re arrange I mean MOVE everything! yup everything….. Muscles I did not know I had ache! We decided to stay late last night and crack on but we have not finished yet either….!
Anyway! thanks for stopping by to visit my blog once again and thank you also for all the lovely comments you leave!
Today is Wednesday and we have a new challenge for you over at ABC Christmas Challenge And this challenge its the turn of one of our newest Design Team Members Heidi to host the Challenge…. So be sure to say hi when your linking your card to the challenge blog!…… SO then what is the challenge?


N is for No Nonsense
sounds easy right?
To make a plain no frills card. One that does not use any design paper or fuss on….. we have two sponsors for this weeks challenge so that is 2 winners!!
Photobucket
and we have plenty in the way of inspiration too!
Here is my card,
This lovely Karens doodles image Herbert Christmas which was kindly offered for the DT to make some samples….

So for my No Nonsense, No Frills Christmas this is what I used:
Green & red vintage core colour card
white gel pen for faux stitching, 2 card candies, and some red stitched ribbon and the image!
I added some paper pricking and the images is coloured using distress inks and a white gel pen.
That’s it Thanks for looking
A few challenges I would like to play along with are:





  • Paper Take Weekley Challenge - Anything Goes - optional buttons I made faux buttons.








  • Simon say's stamp - Stitch in time. ( Thanks Lorraine)







  • Tuesday Throwdown - Christmas in July.







  • Our Creative Corner - 4th July or Christmas in July.







  • Crafty Sentiments -Christmas.








  • Stamp Something - Digi Day.








  • Christmas Card Challenges – Night before Christmas – delivering presents.







  • Happy Wednesday xx

    13 comments:

    1. Herbert Christmas is a real cutie. Wonderful and fun Christmas card. Like your sketch. Thanks for joining Tuesday Throwdown this week.

      ReplyDelete
    2. such a cute image! thanks for joining us at CCC!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Gorgeous card Samantha :-) such a cute image and the layout is fab ,, I love the 'stitching' and the little faux buttons ! very clever !! :-)

      you could enter this into the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)

      luv
      Lols x x x

      ReplyDelete
    4. Gorgeous Samantha! I love the "buttons" and the "stitching"!

      ReplyDelete
    5. thanks for linking !! :-) xx

      ReplyDelete
    6. Awww...so cute! Love the little faux buttons! :0)
      Helen x

      ReplyDelete
    7. This is just adorbale! Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card challenges.

      ReplyDelete
    8. I love that sassy turtle! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Cute card, Samantha. I love the image.
      hugs Dorte

      ReplyDelete
    10. Brilliant card Samantha! Such a fab image & I LOVE your faux button & stitching.
      Hugs
      Kaz xx

      ReplyDelete
    11. Lovely card! So glad you joined us for this weeks CCC!

      ReplyDelete
    12. Love the layout and the image is so cute! Sorry it took me so long to comment, I've been having major problems with Blogger...Thanks for playing with us at the OCC!

      ReplyDelete
    13. What a gorgeous creation full of pretty details. Great stitching too :o)
      Thanks for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week
      xxx

      ReplyDelete

    I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

    Share this