Tuesday, 19 July 2011

I’m not Square–Top Tip Tuesday

Well its Tuesday so that can only mean Top Tip Tuesday challenge time…. the thing is I would love to see more of you playing along its such a great challenge and last week we were very low on numbers… Starting to think its me! you don’t wanna play cause I am there Crying faceCrying faceCrying faceCrying faceCrying faceCrying faceCrying faceCrying faceCrying faceCrying faceCrying faceCrying faceCrying face
sniff sniff!
Sooooo Come and Play!! and I will be happy again!
The challenge is a great one its Carol’s day to Host the challenge so here it is:
Challenge - 'Shaped Cards'
No Squares Allowed!
we have some AWESOME sponsors
SO not long is the inspiration awesome but the chances of winning a fantastic prize is brilliant too!
So here is my card using this gorgeous faerie called Ebony thank you Deb’s from The Emerald Faeries Garden who shared her with us. she is soooo cute and just reminds me of the faeries at the bottom of the garden.
Shaped card - July 19th TTT
Ok so my card is bigger than normal still fits into a standard square envelope but instead of drawing around a cd I used a large saucer I wanted it bigger as I wanted the faerie smaller but not to small!
I have used a combo of vintage core colour paper and some basic grey Hello Luscious papers, and my own backing paper made from distress inks, the Big flower is one of my flowers I made with recycled cardboard from new shoes… and I have also used a penny black flower stamp that is 3 flowers that I embossed in white and then water coloured to match. then a white gel pen to doodle… and a card candy centre… then some mini flowers punched from scraps, lots of distress tooled edges
(TIP) use the Tim Holtz distress tool to hide your hand cut edges.

Some other challenges I want to play along with today are:

WHAT will you make we really wanna see what you come up with this time!!
hugs Samantha :0)

STOP PRESS!! extra prizes!!
This week we also have some fabulous extra prizes from 2 wonderful sponsors..
WS Designs  and Arty Farty Too! COOL Or what!

CLICK HERE FOR MY CANDY

URGENT PLEASE READ.....!!!!!!

We have had our email address hacked into penrithcrafts@yahoo.com please if you get an email entitled NEED HELP!!! please forward it to me forward it to email@actionfraud.org.uk,  thanks Samantha and Sandra
If someone can tell me how to change it on here so my email address is linked to hear ans not the shop one that would be great too thanks guys! 

15 comments:

  1. Hi, hun. I do love these EF images and you made a fab job with your card, the flowers are stunning! Hugs, Miria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is pretty. Love those gorgeous flowers. Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. A unique shaped card and innovative use of material from your new shoes. ;-) TFS!! And thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

    Kath
    "Let's Get Scrappy!"
    http://kmcbhernandez.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an adorable image, and I love the flowers! Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Samantha :-)the image is very cute and I LURVE the huge flower and papers ,, the distressing looks fab too ,, very arty ! :-)

    you COULD enter this into the Simon Says Stamp Challenge too :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    p.s , check your inbox ,,, hint !! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, the flowers are stunning, thanks so much for shring with us at paper play, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you being able to use an Emerald fairy. I love what you have done with and if I find the time I will gladly join you at tip top tuesday.
    Thanks for sharing your texture card with us all at Magical Mondays,
    H xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very pretty. I love the colors and the idea of using a saucer for your card shape! Thank you for joining us at HLSC this week and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is just beautiful! love the shape and the gorgeous flowers!
    thanks for playing along with the embossing challenge at Kaboodle Doodles this week. :)
    putting on my other DT hat and saying thanks for playing in the make your own embellies challenge at Happileigh Scrappin'! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card!! Love the shape, the flowers, the colors... wonderful!
    Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card, love the flowers and that little image is too cute! Thanks for joining us at Happileigh Scrappin' this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card Samantha! Love your big flower and all of that distressing! Good tip too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow your card is fabulous!
    Love your gorgeous colors and such pretty papers and detail!
    So happy that you have joined us at
    SFC......

    Hugs
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at SFC.

    Hugs Nadell

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this