Thursday, 7 July 2011

A birthday and some time to play....

Good Morning afternoon!
warning tehhehhee Longish post,,
It's Thursday and there are Several Birthdays this month for me!

 
Including mine!
Its not my birthday until the 17th July
but it is also my 1st wedding anniversary on the 25th July too!
soooo Watch out for my Double Celebration candy next week!

Anyway I have been really busy this week at work as we have been moving all the wool, we have a section that was all the papers and so we have had to move nearly everything in the shop! ekkk! so I am off today as I worked yesterday instead, But I am working this evening as we are supplying the Art Kits for New students at QUEGS a local school so its gonna be a late night for Sandra and I
SO then staying up late a few nights has been a must to keep on schedule with DT cards and also the other birthday, new home & other cards I wanted to make...
So here are a few cards and some challenges....

My first card is using only a handful of scraps of card as I always seem to cut into a new piece and always have loads of scraps over so after seeing my buddy Kaz playing along with Jules' at crafty snippets challenge in her bid to reduce stock piles of snippets. I new I wanted to give it a go! so Here you go Jules with a little bit of ribbon to mask the gap the blue background is also 2 pieces thehehe! shhhuh! dont tell!

I found this great challenge also with a lovely C&S sketch!
and its got a great name
Fetch A Sketch and its there 1st Challenge too!


Oh to my second card which I really had some FUN with! I found some time to play and wanted to make this card for my Step Son and his Lovely girlfriend as they have just now moved in the the house, they were doing up I mentioned a few weeks ago that we went to help strip walls and paint! 


As most of you know I love anything distress inks so this challenge was made for me!!
Stampin' for the weekend - My Favourite Things - Penny Black stamps, Tattered Florals die in my Cuttlebug,  Distress inks, card candy, my white gel pen, Cardboard shoe inserts that the flowers are made from tehhehehee and 2 newly found favourites : Jute (twine) & Wooden hearts but they also make other shapes too! so watch out for those too....

here were a few other challenges fort this card I wanted to play too!

This weeks PENNY BLACK SATURDAY CHALLENGE theme is 
Dessert Island Stamp. And they want to know which PB stamp would you take with you to a dessert island?
OMG! Like how do you choose 1 stamp! ARGH!!!!!!!! I can not choose just 1 Penny black stamp!
Hmmm the thing is penny black were the first stamps I bought when I started crafting and even now Several and I mean several years on! when I comfort craft my Penny blacks are always the ones I reach for! but to choose one..... erm! well I have used 2 on this card but I think I would have to say I can not choose! 
I love both........and that is not to mention the draw full!
however if my arm was twisted and I had to choose then the this new Candid stamp would certainly be a contender! but it would take a lot of deep thought as even now I am waining and thinking I should of chosen the bunny bath my first ever Penny black the one that got me hooked!
anyway here are a couple of other fun challenges to play along with as I am not stranded! yay!!
Ok that's all for now off to get ready for work
:0)

24 comments:

  1. Fantastic use of our sketch and impressed you are using up your scraps - I really try to do the same with mine but the box is always getting added to!

    Thank you for joining in at Fetch A Sketch – hope you can join us again for the next challenge! Fetch A Sketch Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Samantha :-) both are fabulous but the 2nd one !! WOW !!! this is exactly what we were taking about !!!!! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabby boy's card

    Thanks for joining us on CRAFTERS COMPANION MONTHLY CHALLENGE :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card thanks so much for joining us at truly scrumptious this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a clever way to incorporate the challenge into your creation. Thanks for sharing on the Belli challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card, love how you have included the twine. Thanks for joining in at Ellephantastic this month. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Samantha

    Lovely to see you .. .. I am pleased Kaz encouraged you to play along. The more the merrier in the war against the snippets taking over the craft space!!

    What a beautiful collection of projects.

    I love your snippet creation very much .. .. who would have thought there was a join hidden in there!! Great layout and super cute image.

    Thank you for keeping me company in my little challenge.

    Love Jules xx

    p.s. I love your other make too .. all of those gorgeous stamps and colours!! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely boys card. Thanks for joining us on CRAFTERS COMPANION MONTHLY CHALLENGE :)Hugs, Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Samantha
    Two gorgeous cards hun but WOW WOW WOW the second one is stunning!! I love it.
    Thanks for playing Free & Easy again with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card samantha and I can see why this is a favourite stamp...thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully elegant card, great colours, flowers and design!Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww that Panda is adorable & your other card is stunning too, just lovely.
    Thank you for entering the Ellephantastic Celebrations challenge. Don't forget there's a blog hop on all month with Candy at the end & as you've entered the challenge you get TWO entries!! Just be sure to enter the correct Candy either UK or NON Uk.
    Thank you & Good luck
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab cards Samantha...the second one is absolutely stunning!
    Thanks for joining us at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the card Hun great effect thank you for joining us for our things with wings challenge at trulyscrumptious

    Wendy DT TS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorjuss Samantha, thanks for joining us for our anything goes challenge at Bling It On.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love what you've done with our sketch! Lovely colour combo & I do like how you've embellished! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Fetch A Sketch! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards! Love your sneaky tip on using scraps!! I've used that a time or two myself!! Your panda & brads are great and the inking on your floral card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute panda card & well done getting started on snippet clearance, must remember that ribbon tip for future use :0)
    Ooooh your second card is just delish!!!
    Love 'em both. Hugs
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty cards Samantha, love all the stitching especially on the brads :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVELY cards - all of 'em.

    Visiting you from Jules' link

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card hun. Thanks for joining us over at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a pretty card-thanks for playing along with the creative belli blog in our handmade custom belli challenge
    happy birthday and congrats on your 1st anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  23. Samantha I love your cards - the panda is so cute. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous cards Smaantha, love the wee panda in the first and the colours on the second. Thanks for joining us for this months Ellephantastic challenge.
    hugs
    Michelle
    Elle DT
    x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this