Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Monochrome are we there yet?


Hi all happy Wednesday…
So are we there yet?
NOPE you have another week to join in the fun over at the ABC Christmas Challenge.. as the weeks tick by we are helping you get ready for Christmas so your not stressed before you even get to November.. about your Christmas cards and projects…….
As we are only ½ way along on the M for Monochrome I though I would make a Christmas Note book!
I like to write in a little book all the people I am buying presents for and then ideas what I could make or buy for them so you can see there are plenty of pages tehehehee…
IMG_3083

I have used some think recycled card stock, From Packaging its mega think and will just go in the Bind it all for punching, I used TH distress inks to colour it.. I stamped the holly in versa mark and used clear embossing powder then distress over the top! to make the embossing show through I re heated the image and it pops to the surface. Now the recycled card is to think to cut using dies so I drew around the poinsettia and hand cut it… added some white gel pen after it was dry… the little heart is coloured and then embossed too to make it shiny and a little stickles on the berries. then tied on a few contrasting ribbons. The insides are left overs from folding my own cards as I use A4 card stock and more often than not I make square cards so have a little left over…. Wink! waste not want no!!
ok so being the book is for ABC Christmas Challenge, I also took some inspiration from the following challenges I wanted to join in with….
Have a fabby Wednesday and Hope for sun!!
:0)

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to organize your shopping! Great creation! Thanks for playing our CSAYL challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samantha be sure to make a few of these to give away as gifts! Wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea with a Christmas notebook.
    Hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fab idea Samantha, I always keep all the ends too, I use them for testing my Copic colours when I'm doing my images but this is a far better idea for using them up. Thanks for sharing.
    I have an award to pass on to you if you would like to pop over to my blog and pick it up
    Hugs
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fab creation. Thank you so much for playing along at Allsorts this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea Samantha - hope my name's in there somewhere! ;0)
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab idea and brilliant techniques used to create it too! Love the subtle use of Lemon and Lime, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely book! Beautifully made.
    Hugs
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely notebook. The ribbons are so pretty & look great
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! I love the white doodling around the flower and leaves, it really makes them pop. Thanks for playing along with Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful job! Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really beautiful! Such an original!! Thx for joining us at SCRS!

    Mary J xxx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this