Wednesday, 22 June 2011

ABC Christmas Challenge M is for.........

Well what a fab selection of L for Love cards for Lorraine’s Challenge be sure to see if you won!

This is gonna be a real Challenge for me as I want to just to a tree stamps and blend all the tones of one colour! But I have challenged myself to do an image that is not a tree! haha!
We have the Fabulous Delphine as our host this week at ABC Christmas Challenge
And the challenge is ABC Christmas Challenge M for Monochrome

I have made a card but Hmmmmm I am not very keen on it!

IMG_3043

However I think its just the colour! when I have done Monochrome before they have been more striking in colour…. I guess!

But I have got a mini tutorial to share…
How to mask with out having the original stamp or if your using a digi image…
1 Tracing paper Trace imageIMG_3030
Cut it out
IMG_3032
Add repo tape to back of tracing piece and place over image
 IMG_3038
Ink Background stamp
IMG_3039
Stamp over whole piece as your tracing paper piece will protect your covered image
IMG_3040
Then Blend with coordinating distress inksIMG_3042
That’s it..
Our lovely Lacey is sponsoring us this time with her wonderful wags n whiskers shop
image
so we are all set to go!
Here are some challenge I am playing along with this time.

Hope you can come and play and also hope you will visit my teamies their inspiration is not to be missed!!!

hugs me x

Have a fun day and you can find the
ABC Christmas Challenge HERE
 

19 comments:

  1. I love your card, Samantha, and thank you for your great tutorial! Hugs, Miria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...fab card - aren't you clever - thanks for the tutorial...I had no idea your paper was staamped! lol
    Helen x

    PS - will be back later to check out your other recent posts :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Samantha, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's. It's good to see you again.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you've used The Sketch File June sketch, what a great We don't mind whether you shrink it, twist it or turn it on it's head - we don't mind what project you make - just as long as you find the sketches useful and inspirational, that's all we want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in awe of all the things you do. You are a busy woman and talented. I like the colors of the card personally. Tutorial was the heat as well...thank you! Will have to try this again, first time was so not successful for me.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Samantha
    This is stunning - I love it!
    Thanks for the tutorial - that will be very uesful and thanks also for the toot on the Sketch File challenge.
    Have a wonderful day.
    {{Debs}}xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. well i genuinely CANNOT imagine how you're not *THRILLED* with this card, but that's ok, i think i love it enough for both of us!!! :) brilliant use of that tracing paper mask, thank you for sharing that technique! not that i could make a card with such cool stamping and blending, but seeing results like this makes me want to *TRY* ♥awesome♥!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, Samantha. I can't understand what you don't like about. It's lovely.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is very pretty Samantha. Thanks for playing with Kathy's Sketch file challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card, Samantha! I loooooove your choice of colours and the layout is brilliant! Thank you for sharing your tutorial with us, and I would never have thought of tracing paper!!! Have a lovely evening:-)! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. I love the way that you have done the background and the tile effect. Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is fabulous Samantha, love it.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Samantha, love the window effect.

    Thank you for joining us for our Monochrome challenge over at CYDA.

    Hugs

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Samantha, thanks for the mini tutorial. I will def use that technique in the future. I love the window pane look. I think the colour is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card - it works very well indeed. I like the windowpane look as it gives depth and interest. Your tracing paper tutorial is very helpful too. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's Challenge.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card, love the window! Thanks for taking part in the CYDA challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that awesome masking technique ... love the swirly background too ... thanks for bundling-up with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, love the stamp you've used and that background is fab-u-lous!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic card Samantha :-) I love the image,, one of my fave WOJ ones and the background and the way you made it look like a window frame is just brilliant !! WOW !! you get the gold star this week hun !! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this