Monday, 2 May 2011

Shaking things up a bit!!!

Bank Holiday Monday!
And at Stamp Fairy we are shaking things up a bit with our Challenge this week
Well I have to say when I saw that it was shaker cards! as the challenge I nearly died!
They may look so difficult and I have to say that if I can make one then you can too!
 I have made my card using Lenny flowers I just love this image he's so darn cute
 I have coloured the image with Distress inks as this is my favourite colouring medium
Now I did not have a shaker pocket and could not get the lovely little plastic raised windows either so I have recycled a piece of polly pocket for the front in the shaker
I used my decorative circles to create the outer circle and then my standard circle nesties to cut to reveal Lenny but I had to use a craft knife to cut a little more off the edge as it was a little small.. filled with seed beads for some shaker fun!

We also have a tutorial at Stamp Fairy, which shows a good way to make a shaker card too! hope you join us and have fun! there are plenty of great DT cards to inspire you too! 

I as always love to play along with some other challenges:




Great to see you today hugs Samantha :0)

12 comments:

  1. Fab card I love those nestie shapes!


    thanks for joining the sparkles girls this fortnight!
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super adorable and crafty! I love the added brads around the edge of the circle and corners.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Samantha, fancy bumping into you lol. I absolutely love your gorgeous shaker card!! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Samantha this is fantastic and so fun.. me too didn't have one of those shaker pouches.. ha ha I didn't even know they existed :)) Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gorgeous, adorable card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge & SFC this week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awh this is gawjus!! Love the shaker! Thank you for joining in the fun at Do It With Digis.
    Woo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally fabulous card Samantha love the image and design a super shaker card.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorjuss card!
    The image is so sweet and great as a shaker! So fun and different!
    Thanks for playing along with Dream Valley Challenges
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous card thanks for joining us at c4e this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. You had nothing to be scared of, your card turned out beautifully.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww sweet image great take on the Acetate chall thanks for sharing with us at Do It With Digi this time.

    smiles Christine DIWD diva xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this