Wednesday, 11 May 2011

ABC Christmas Challenge - J is for Joy fold

Good morning!
I scheduled this last night only to find the whole post went missing this morning! so here I am at 11.00 reposting it! DOH!
Wednesday here once again but today is ABC Christmas challenge day! YAY!
I LOVE making Christmas cards all year round it certainly takes the stress off the festive season,
I really have had a lovely time looking at all your 'I is for Indigo, Ice & Inspiration' challenge cards and came to see everyone that played the challenge, Thank you all for joining in... This fortnight the Challenge is hosted by our Lovely Helen.  When you hop over to the ABC Christmas challenge you will see the challenge if you scroll down, you'll also see my Top 3 and winner too!
SO  - J is for Joy Fold Card
Now I don't know about you but I have only ever seen 1 round joy fold card and that was in a shop
so I decided I would try to make one... Ekkk
as ever these ideas are good while they are in my head! doh!
If your not sure what a Joy Fold card is then when your done reading and commenting on my blog (thank you) then hop over to our challenge and Helen has Written a easy to follow Tutorial
Our sponsor for this challenge is:
Photobucket
The prize is a $15 voucher to spend in the Simon Says Stamp store.
********************************************
Ok so my card!
How to cut a round card that is bigger than my largest round nestabilities
this was a problem until I remembered the plastic CD my husband asked me
if I wanted? YES! I NEED that!! Perfect just perfect.. Thanks hubby!!
So instead of drawing round it.
I used my craft knife and then just trimmed where needed, but to be really honest I did not need to trim it as the craft knife is mega sharp and did a great job. Then I used my Tim Holtz distressing tool to rough the edges a little..
So then I have used my Penny Black neglected stamp called Christmas Crafts,
Basic Grey papers, the cuttlebug snowflake large die, some gem brads, distress inks, glossy accents
and some liquid pearls oh and some stickles.
I cut the cuttlebug snowflake down so it makes a cute little closure for the card.
and instead of cutting the larger cards top flip smaller I folded it back to make an extra fold.
As this card has interlocking flaps the smaller flap is on the inside but I have done mine so that the image is in 2 parts by cutting the images as individuals, thought it looked like the mouse was hiding a surprise.
Here is the cat under the first flap looking very pleased with himself
Here is the card fully open so you can see under the last inside flap is a hidden message.
and here is my card standing and looking pretty! I have to tell you at first I had a fight with this card but I am mega pleased how it turned out and you will be seeing some more of these Joy fold cards from me!
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr now
Here are the Fabby challenges I am playing today with my card...
WOW what a lot of fun challenges there... 
OK so Please do stop by the challenge as we have lots of inspiration from the Design team and we also have 3 fabby Guest Designers too, then you can joy in the Joy fold fun.
happy wednesday hugs Samantha :0)

40 comments:

  1. Samantha, your card is mega cute. Love that you made it round, so creative. Can't wait to try this myself. Hugs,Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samantha, this really turned out cute! You really put on your thinking cap to figure out how to make a round joy fold! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge - and for helping us get to 400 followers for our freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha,this card was worth the fight, it turned out really pretty and surprising!
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet - and so clever too! Thanks for joining us for our Lots of Layers challenge on Kaboodle Doodles. ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Samantha!!! the design of this is just so very clever and arty !! just brilliant !! :-) I will be copying this !! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very original joy fold card!
    Thanks for playing along at OSAAT!
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW.....very creative! Super cute too, love the images and your decoupage.
    Hugs
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Such a cute card! Love the different folds and the two adorable images! Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice card
    thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so, so, so brilliant, Samantha! I totally love the design, the images are adorable, and the papers fab! Thanks for sharing your tutorial with us, and no, the fight was not worth it, it was worth the fight (or can we say both? I'm lost, but I am sure you see what I mean:-)! Lots of hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous colour choice and such a pretty card, thank you so much for sharing with us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a cute interactive card! I love how it opens! Thanks so much for joining TSB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card Samantha x Thanks for joining our Scallops Challenge at MTTCC this week - it is great to see your work x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Samantha, this is AWESOME!!! I can not believe you managed to do this!!! Great job!! Big hugs!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my.....This is just stunning!
    PB images are so cute and you circle card is wonderful. Thanks for showing us your circles at TSB.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable, thanks for playing with us at OSAAT.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - this is fabulous hun - I'm so glad I left the circular card to you! Gorgeous colours & papers...and such a cute stamp too!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow - a round joy fold - awesome thanks for playing with us at Lollipop Crafts and reminding me to do my xmas cards!

    Juelmarie DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Samantha, you have out done yourself on this card. How will you choose who on your Christmas card list will get this one! This is really imaginative, cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, what a creative card!! I just love it!
    Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
    Farrah

    ReplyDelete
  22. My daughter's name is Samantha ! great name girl xoxo. Your card is super duper cute, love it!
    Thanks for commenting in my blog !
    ~Maria Elena~
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning take on joy fold, I do love it! Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland, ciao, Miria

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the interlocking circles and the hidden surprise! Super cute card! Thanks for joining us in this weeks challenge at Christmas Stampin All Year Long! :)Becky

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a pretty card wit all the wonderful details!! Thanks for sharing it with us at TT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG Samantha, this is amazing. I do love Penny Black, it is the brand that started me off on stamping many years ago and I love those little cheesecake mice, they were always one of my faves (along with the hedgies!) Love your circular card. Fab design layout. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a super card and fold hunni.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love it! Great to see a round card, never make these but i definatly going to try!
    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT!
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is such a great card. So creative. Thanks for playing along with the Design Dollies.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This looks fab Sam, love the round design.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the circle idea of a joyfold card. Adore the really cute image and beautifully coloured. Great dp too.

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Samantha :)

    This style of card blows my mind! :) lol. I saw a tutorial for it last week though, so am meaning to give it a go.

    Your tutorial on card candi flowers was ace :)

    Oh, and btw, did the problems reading my blog get fixed, I thought it might have been to do with the blogger probs, but let me know if you still have trouble reading it.

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh wow this is so creative and really gorgeous too!! LOVE all of the different folds and sweet image!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Squigglefly Challenge this week! Smiles, *Vicki* ~ Squigglefly Team Leader

    ReplyDelete
  34. What an adorable card - love the 2 images you've combined here - fun, hand on. Thanks for sharing with us at The Stamping Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  35. such a cool circle card!!! LOVE how that opens, I'm going to have to try that!! thanks sooo much for playing along with the Dollies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is an adorable card hun! Thanks for joining in with our challenge of decorating the inside of your cards over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. awesome card Samantha, very pretty
    fantastic folds
    thanks for joining the TSB challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fabulous project Samantha!
    Thanks so much for joining in our Scallops challenge at My Time to Craft this week.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this