Wednesday, 20 April 2011

ABC H is for Hotspot.... Come and play!

A few of us over on the ABC Christmas Challenge, thought we would have another play with this fortnights there which is H is for Hotspot aka Spotlighting

Photobucket
Our fabby sponsor is Simon Says Stamp,

We also have a Guest Designer call for this challenge
So fancy a crack at being in the ABC Spotlight this time get yourself over and have a play and add GD after your name when you link ABC Christmas.

For my ½ way card I have used a penny black image wishes for kisses
 
As I only have one set of circle nesties I have hand cut the black circle that highlights the colour image circle so if your thinking you can not take part because you dont have 2 straight circles you can simply cut your image out and then with the same nestie draw around the out side edge and hand cut, or you can do what Helen has done and raise the image and omit the black circle.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

 
If you need some help with your mojo there are some fabulous cards the girls have made for this Challenge over at ABC Christmas Challenge, and don't forget to check out Dorte's brilliant tutorial 
HERE I have also added Dortes tutorial to my tutorial bar at the top on this blog so it you need it anytime you can find it quick :0)
Happy wednesday...
 

16 comments:

  1. That's such a great idea with the partially colored image! Love it!
    Thanks for joining us at DDSB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw so cute, love the spotlight. Thanks for joining us at the DDSB, hope to see you again. hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you used the circle. I never thought of using the outside of the circle to trace a slightly larger one. Great idea I'll use that tip. Thanks for joining us at DDSB.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a a cutie..... beautiful! Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh i love your hotspot technique! Such a sweet image - your card is lovely! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card, great technique! Thanks for joining the Stripes Challenge at DDSB
    Debbie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. New technique to me sweetie. Very clever. Thank you for joining us at DDSB this week.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool technique. Thanks for joining us at DDSB
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card Samantha, and great to explain that you do not have to have two dies/puncs. Thank you for joining the mid-way post.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely spotlight card - such a sweet image. Thanks for joining us at DDSB this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo, fun challenge! I hope I get my act together in time to play! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did an excellent job of "spotlighting" your image. I think that this is one of nicest ones I've seen. Hope to see you again at DDSB. Hugs, dj

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute.Love the use of this technique and the papers.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow theres a lot of people making xmas cards just now ! i love this technique and the PB image is so adorable. thanks for joining us at DDSB

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very clever card and oh so cute. Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another lovely card - but I think your ability to cut circles is better than mine! Jx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this