Tuesday, 19 April 2011

3 cards one birthday.... and a sick me - not a partridge in a pear tree!

Well I was meant to be at work! 
I love my job and am really fed up if ever I can't go...
(for those of you that don't know I work in a fantastic Craft shop)
(Penrith Crafts)

So today as I left home to walk to work I just got out side my front door and was sick! :0(
lovely hu! Not sure why and keep feeling dizzy and have been sick a few times 
sigh! 


But as ever on a good note as I always try to find a good note I went back to bed for a couple of hours and then have sat quietly this afternoon and made a couple of cards


The cards are for a friend who's turning 70 and his wife asked me to make her a card for him, then I need one to send him to of course and then yesterday his wife's friend phoned me to ask if I could make her a card for him too!


soooo here is the first card..
This one is from us as he loves puffins
and I love this one looks like he is doing a happy dance
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - One for the Boys
Stamp with Fun - Birthday
 Sweet Stop - SKETCH* - Plus - Winged Things I have flipped the sketch so it will work with my image :0)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-u2zMMufKVVs/TanUWYPJQ9I/AAAAAAAABO4/ubJN9R1rZLE/s1600/SSS104.jpg


Card 2

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5akaJDqm0JE/TZmrpb68x3I/AAAAAAAAC8Q/YwU32JlN1d0/s1600/SNSSketch59.jpg

Card 3
This one is for his wife to give to him, I'm not sure you can see it but I added his name and age to be to the fuel tank on the bike.


  • Paper Sundaes - Texture 
  • 2 Sisters - bingo- die cuts/punches, embossing & ribbon 
  • Sketchy Colors - Sketch - I rotated the sketch one turn to the right to accommodate the motorbike image
 This card is for my friends husband and he LOVES motorbikes too, I have embossed and used paper tearing to add texture and also some ribbon and twine, the sentiment is a Tim Holtz ticket tag think Uma sent me a couple of those, thanks hunny :0)


Still feeling a bit rubbish, not eaten anything just plenty of water!
but at least I did not waste the day totally, so tired and sore now..
see you soon :0)

12 comments:

  1. Awww...hope you feel better soon! I don't want to get too close in case it's catching...but here's a BIG cyber (((((hug)))))! ;0)
    Fabby cards...you don't seem to have lost your mojo...love that cute hedgie, and the distressed embossing on the last card looks great!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you made all these cards while "under the weather". Great designs. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better Samantha.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 great cards Samantha! Hope you feeing better now, poor you.
    Big hugs
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards

    Thanks for joining us on our "Stitching" challenge this week at SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I feel perfectly fine, I still can't create as many cards as you when under the weather! Luv all of your cards! Thanks so much for sharing your card creations with us at Card Ideas. Hope you can join us again next time! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're feeling better Samantha & able to go back to your job (lucky you working in a craft shop!)
    Fabulous cards, I love them all!

    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great card...and I love the texture. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  9. great selection of cards and all fabulous

    thanks for joining us at sketch n stash

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WONDERFUL cards!! Especially like the motorcycle one - very nice! Thanks for joining us at Card Ideas this week! BTW....hope you feel better : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you're feeling all better now!!
    All of your cards are GREAT!! Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop.

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this must be the perfect male card!!!
    A great use of our sketch!
    Thank you for joining Sketchy Colors, and lots of luck!
    Hugs, Marianne:)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this