Wednesday, 16 March 2011

ABC Challenge F for freebie, plus I went Loopy too!

Hi Everyone,

We have a Brilliant Challenge for your this week at ABC Christmas Challenge
if your not playing along yet! Hell what are you waiting for?
Christmas???

You wont have your cards ready! if you wait to long!
At ABC Challenge you can join in with us and get a huge amount of your Christmas cards made and ready for Christmas

Its Carissa turn this time to host the challenge and she has draw a fabby Sketch for us to follow....

And Gerda the owner and illustrator of Stamp Fairy
Has Drawn us a Brand new Digi image as a Freebie as our Challenge this time is F for Freebie! you can download it from our Challenge blog.



OK so how you have all the info here is my card...
As always I have reached for my distress inks to colour Lenny
I loved Carissa's sketch as we could add whatever embellishments we wanted
I used some Yummi Card candy and also some star pins and a little twine bow.


I love challenges and found a few to enter:


 We are really lucky to have some of my DT buddies from the 
 Stamp Fairy Design  to joining us this challenge too! so be sure to stop by and check out all the DT cards and leave them some comments too!



Just want to share my Finished Scarf too!
This is what I showed you the other night...
The Loopy Scarf by Rico that I a non Knitter Knitted...
Got the wool Saturday afternoon and finished Knitting it Monday evening.

Not bad hu

This was yesterday afternoon in at the shop!
Not sure about the person wearing it mind! ekk!
Ok so I had a little time to play last night too!
and made a very very quick and simple card, I have done a mini Tutorial on how I made it

 OK here goes:
What you need:
Black card, White Pen, Pale Acrylic dauber (I used sky blue)
Sentiment stamp, White pigment ink, Liquid Pearls, A Rubber Stamp.

Embossing board,
On a messy mat ( I use a Ranger one)   daub some paint from your dauber I love these as you don't waste to much paint

then squirt some liquid pearls on top

with your stamp tap in the mixture


and then stamp your image onto your card stock roughly through the middle.

it dries real quick, With a sentiment stamp and white ink stamp your sentiment,

with the white pen add some doodles,

Once everything was dry which is minutes I add some embossed lines... that's it! Simple..

I made this card so I could join in with one challenge that is fast becoming a favourite of mine! Less is More - Their challenge this week is One Layer Card - Off the Edge.

Whoops! tehhhee I did not see that Less in more was no score lines!
ShhhucKs! thanks girls!
you know that means I will have to make another card! thhehehee :0)

So while playing that Challenge I also found a few others too, that I would like to play too...

Paper Sundaes - Keep It Simple.
One Stop Craft - Clean & Simple.
Delightful Sketches - Delightful Butterflies
Simplicity - 1 Layer Wednesday - whoops missed the deadline :0(



Happy Wednesday Gang!

28 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Samantha and I do love your scarf especially the colour! Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already knew you were Loopy hun, lol!! Great cards as always, the SF image is a cutie, and I love your LIM card, even if the process is a bit too messy for furry paws. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are gorgeous!!!! I love the technique you used on the butterfly!!! And your scarf is so pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your makes and the scarf looks fab, I have one in that yarn on the needles but am finding it very difficult to knit with. Have you any tips?
    Your red and green card is cute, thanks for joining in at SFCC this time

    jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi samantha
    Firstly, I love your scarf!
    Super card, I love the butterflies
    Our added extra 'twist' on this week was no embossed lines. So officially your card wouldn't be eligible for showCASing
    Thanks for joining us, it's great to see you
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your star pins and great job with the sketch, thanks for joining our Star challenge at the Die Cut Dreams Christmas blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is super... I love the effect you got using the liquid pearls in the mixture.
    One small snag is that our challenge this week also had the limitation of 'no scored lines'!
    We didn't mean to catch you out... honest!
    See you next time!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful beautiful! Love the little tutorial, the butterflies look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome technique and card! Sorry you missed the deadline, but what a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, thanks for all the Wednesday goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great technique and card - thanks for sharing

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great technique and a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there.

    Gorgeous card, great take on our challenge.

    Love the scarf too, looks fabbie.

    Thanks for joining us at SFCC, good luck.

    Huggies Angel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card and a great technique too x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Samantha
    A fabulous card,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a gorgeous card, thanks for explaining your technique. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabby cards hun! Lenny is so cute, and the butterflies look awesome!
    Helen x

    PS - the scarf looks great too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card, love the scarf too!
    That butterfly is awesome.

    Would love to have you join us for our birthday challenge (easy peasy) right?
    Come join:

    http://abcdtchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous card! Love the simple elegance of it. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome butterflies.. thanks for the technique.. I don't have prfect pearls ..but will be having a go with something!
    TFS Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, so many gorgeous things in one post!!! I love your ABC Xmas card, the image is adorable and your choice of papers and colours perfect! The scarf is AWESOME, I would love to have one like that too, maybe I should start learning how to knit? And I love the "simplicity" of your last card, it is simply beautiful, thank you for the great tutorial too! I can't believe how busy you have been! I hope you and your head are fine:-)! Have a great day hun! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a stunning card, thanks for ssharing the technique. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  23. great card love the pins thanks for joining us at DCD christmas club
    hugs sara x x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card. LOve your colours. Thank you soooo much for joining us at Die cut Dreams Christmas Club.
    Chrissy.
    WoW! That loopy scarf is Gorgeous too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card Samantha, and wow you sure whipped that scarf up fast. Both projects are beautiful. Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your card is lovely - sweet image and pretty colors. Very cool work with the technique you shared on the butterfly card. So nice of you to do a tutorial on how you did it! So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautifully coloured image and love the dp. Great job with the scarf and love the colour you have knitted with.

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Two fabulous cards, and love your scarf too.

    Thank you for joining us for this months Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

    Hugs

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this