Thursday, 17 February 2011

Distress inks onto 1 layer.... Less is more?

Less is more they say! and well quite frankly looking at the awesome challenge Simply Less is more that Chrissie and Mandi have started I think they have picked up on something fantastic! judging by the amount of players they have this week I am among a lot of people that feel the same way!
soooo here is my card... and the techneque of how I did it....


 Simply less is More - One Layer Challenge - Flower or Tree - Orchid

Creative Cottage - (2W) - fabulous florals / lots of flowers
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - flowers Everywhere - 2nd entry :0)

OK so here is a quite tutorial of how I did the stamped images,
pick your distres colours and with on a few baby wipes drop the inks on to the wipe in the shape of the stamped image

 Press your stamp into the ink

and then stamp onto your card.

I repeated teh process for the text and then added some stickles and a little freehand under the pot.
hope you like this card I am quite pleased how it turned out :0)
  Ohhhh nearly ½ 12pm.... Off to bed....
but tomorrow I will take some pictures of my finished water colour painting when the light it better,
night night all xx

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for you kind words Samantha. This technique gives a really subtle effect, it's interesting to see how everyone has approached the One Layer challenge in different ways!
    I'm so you could join us again and we'll look forward to seeing another of your creations next week!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab Samantha - thaanks for the 'how to'!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Samantha! That's a wonderful stamp!
    Thank you for your kind words, we're blown away with the response

    Your support is much appreciated, see you next week!
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, Samantha, and very clever! Thank you for sharing your technique with us:-)! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card and such a clever technique.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tecnique TFS great card too :)
    I used this stamp as my inspiration when I did a "stitchy waxy canvass" borrowed it from the Cubby hole where the workshop was being held... only for visuals, never bought it! after seeing this ..perhaps I should have :)
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tutorial, me and stamps have never been friends. you make it look easy :)
    Lovely card too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool technique! Thanks for sharing. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely CAS card! Thanks for joining our floral challenge at the creative cottage hugs Rebekah xx
    PS I have blog candy at http://berryliciousblog.blogspot.com if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya! Nice to meet you at the shop yesterday. Have had a quick nosey at your blog! Fab! Great card- it's such a lovely technique! I'll come and have a proper look around when I've time. My head is full of ideas to do with those papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great way of using inks Samantha, am going to have a play with this technique myself, thanks for the tip!
    I love the soft & delicate effect you have achieved, gorgeous card hun.
    Hugs
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fabulously clean and simple layout Samantha, it works so well...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this