Tuesday, 11 January 2011

My first DT card for Top Tip Tuesday

Ohhhh I can't describe how excited I am to be on the Top Tip Tuesday Team!
Leanne thank you for asking me!
 
OK so being my first DT card I wanted to do something a bit different
and being its a Top Tip challenge I thought I would make something so I could give you a few tips too!
I decided to use a few favourite things
Distress inks are a huge favourite,
Kraft card
Sizzix tattered florals
Paper-cellar lace raffia ( which sadly is discontinued )
Basic Grey Marjoline paper pad
an old pocket off some jeans that I have held onto after losing weight to use for something special crafting wise and also an old stud popper from my sewing machine stash.
some magic mesh and a white glaze pen


Ok so firstly I cut some of the flowers from Kraft card and some from the jeans pocket, I ran the 2 flowers in kraft through the cuttlebug in the Swiss dots folder 1st tip - a tiny bit blue tack stops the flowers from slitting out of the folder. with a poky tool make faux stitching around the edge.
Then used vintage photo distress inks to colour them, using the big bite to punch a hole for the popper in the jeans cut flower I then stuck them together with sticky dots.
Then I used magic mesh as a stencil to make the pattern on the kraft card using weathered wood and vintage photo inks, 2nd tip before adding the magic mesh apply it to your clothing first... this makes it less sticky so when you remove it from your card stock it does not make a mess and lift the card... ok so apply the ink as much as you like then remove the mesh.heart cut by hand from Marjoline paper, mini hearts from white card stock and both distressed with weathered wood, text stamped with vintage photo, stitching on flowers with a white glaze pen, and white raffia lace added.
Think that's everything! hope you like it! I sure had fun in between the sneezing and coughing
I have this rotten bug that seems to be doing the rounds but unfortunately for me it has gone to the weak spot in my back :0(

I would also like to enter these following challenges:


SO you just have to come and play at Tip Top Tuesday and also come and see what my other Teamies have made for your inspiration! hugs Samantha :0)

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Samantha. Congrats on your DT spot. Hope that you are feeling better.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! This is absolutely gorgeous and brillant with the old jeans!!! Love all the texture and great post on the techniques!! You rocked this card my dear!!! I Love It!!

    Congrats on the DT and they have to be so happy to have you on their team!!

    Hugs my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations Sam! and I love your muted tones and that fabulous bloom on this card.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Samantha- this turned out wonderful.
    I love that you shared tips also.
    We are thrilled to have you part of the team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card samantha.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Samantha this is fab - and you've shared so many tips too.........see I knew you were good ;)

    Love it that you are so chuffed to be part of our DT, we are so chuffed you said yes too :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your gorgeous card Samantha.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Samantha - I love your ingenuity in making your card. This is fabulous. I am SO happy to be on the team with you - it is going to be great fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card!! I just love the flower and heart! Great tips! Thanks for joining us this week at the Woodware USA challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Samantha = love that flower and the fact you used old jeans for some of it!
    Great job!
    Hugs
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card
    Thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage this week
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this