Thursday, 13 January 2011

A Birthday card and a Painting Workshop!

What's that coming over the hill?
Is it a Monster? tehhehe it sure is,
and a cute one at that.....
I really love this cute little guy from Stamp Fairy... under Critters here and I have made this card for my son who will be 14 at the weekend! Hmmmmmm Monster! tehehheehe :0) I have coloured him in distress inks again! you think I like those?? actually I used re inkers this time! on a little ceramic tile. I have also use some Basic Grey papers YUM!

The layout is a sketch I followed from Sweet Sketch Wednesday
Thanks girls great sketch!
I would also like to play a few other challenge too!
Crafty Pad - Happy Birthday
Gingerloft - Celebrations - Birthday
Karber Monthly - DIGI STAMP and Movies - Monsters Inc
Paper Sundaes - Circles
Kaboodle Doodles - do it with Digis

Ok so you know I am suffering with this rotten bug most people seem to have or have had!
Well I still have it and have taken a couple of days holiday to hopefully keep warm and get rid of it!

But on Tuesday I had to go to work as I was on a Art Course... As a student! now the course is run at our shop ( Penrith Crafts) and the Teacher is Ron Ablewhite a well known local Artist so we are very lucky to have him doing a workshop! and well Sandra nominated me to do the course... As you maybe know we are now stocking some Art things as the local Art shop closed as the people who owned it retired. They were lovely people and helped us set up some of the products we now stock.

Anyway! back to the Art Course:

Ron is an Awesome Artist and taught us all about the water colour paper and the artist paints
this is what I managed to do on our first lesson! it is taped to a board so the paper does not curl up as you have to wet it like A LOT! lol and we only used one colour ( Artist colour Burnt Umber).. Its not finished at all so this is just to show you how far I got... Will post more when its hopefully finished.


and a closer look! ekkk!

All I have left to say is this............... If you fancy doing a course contact us Penrith Crafts and book yourself down to do it. I said OMG! your Joking I can't paint! but with Ron's Fantastic Tutoring, I think you can,  See what I achieved so far!
I have to do homework and it consists of doing another painting the same or almost the same as the one above but in  Artist colour French Ultramarine, which is a lovely blue! wish my luck!
EKKK!

23 comments:

  1. Love the card and sure your son will too! Super cute image that you have colored wonderfully and love the layout too! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week!

    Hope you get to feeling better soon!

    Hugs,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, such a great image. Thanks for sharing at The Crafty Pad this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fun card! Hope you enjoy your course, he's a great artist. Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles this week. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your stamp fairy image is just adorable. Love the dragon. Thanks for playing along @SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thehe, the card for your son is very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. O wow this is stunning, I love your work of art and such a cutie of a card too, definitely your son will love it xx sorry to hear you are not so well too, hope you'll be better soon dear. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. HIya Samantha - will be up in Penrith week before Easter! Will pop in and say hi! Cant wait! Booked in at Parkfoot (Pooley - Jimmy Allen's place) - been going there for years and we missed out last year, so booked early this time and are all scheduled! Whoop whoop!

    AND the picture is divine - cant believe what you have done in one session....hmmmmm wonder if Ron will be doing a quick course when I am up...yep, might be a bit too much to try and squeeze in I guess.

    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card, Samantha! That little monster is so cute, I am sure your son will love it! And congratulations on your work of art, it is gorgeous! I am now waiting for the "FRENCH" one LOL! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card! Thanks for playing The Karber Monthly Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card indeed Samantha!!! Love that image!! And your painting is fabulous too!! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab card and I love thos BG papers. Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your little dragon and the distressed look you have given him. Very cute Birthday card. i Think you are doing great wiht your art class too. Have fun and enjoy it!
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fab card and love the painting too:)
    Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges :)
    huggs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a friendly little monster he is and such beautifully colored skin he has! Fabulous job with the sketch Samantha - love the open circles! Seriously this cute image is so perfectly colored. You sure have the talent and I love the pics of your paintings from class - gorgeous! What fun that must be - I've always wanted to take a painting class. Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Hugs,
    Sharon
    SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute little dragon monster. Makes a darling card! Thanks for joining us at SSW!
    SSW DT
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh hunni sorry to hear you are poorly, I hope you get rid of the nasty blighter soon. Your son's card is great, I love it but your painting is awesome. I am lost for words. It is fantastic.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card! And love the painting. :)

    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad @ http://thecraftypad.blogspot.com/ Please come back on Sunday for another brilliant challenge! :)

    Maggie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sam, what a great image that little dragon looks so innocent. Love your design papers. Great take on Arlana's sketch.
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very, very cute little monster! Great colors too! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute monster card! Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes this week! And your tree...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is so cute, love your dragon! Good luck with the challenge and TFS :)

    http://www.dilsaverdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Samantha

    Very cute image - I bet your son will love it! Love your art work too. Thanks for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute little monster, I just love his googlie eyes, I'm sure your son is gonna love it. Fab painting you are very talented. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week @ SSW :)

    Genevieve.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this