Wednesday, 15 December 2010

ABC Christmas Challenge, Z for Zero time left and Blog hop....


Only 9 days left till the big guy arrives 
with a mega huge super improved sleigh to carry all my presents!
(I wish) I have so much to do in what feels like only a couple of days.
but we are having brilliant Challenge this time at the ABC Christmas Challenge and you just got to come join in!
It's my Challenge this time so I have chosen:
Z for ZERO time left!

All the planning and preparation,
Normally the stress would be setting in by now!
However I don't feel like that this year
its been so nice to enjoy the card making this year! and I have had time to try new things and make some crafty presents too!
WHY?
Well by the time I got to the beginning of December I already had well over 60 Christmas cards made and this is thanks to Helen and I starting the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Thanks Helen for your Co support and friendship and also for helping me make a crazy idea work!
Also a big thank you to the Current DT girls who have every challenge made awesome projects
they also do loads of behind the scene work too! and we all work hard to leave all challengers comments this takes a lot of time and I really appreciate their efforts so thanks girls.



Thank you to those of you that have Guest Designed too! 
Tanja and Paula you girls are great, very inspiring,
Its really difficult guesting and I for one really appreciate your efforts.


Then there is you guys ( The Challengers) some of you just found us and some of you have been here from the beginning! I really hope you continue to join us in 2011 too.
I know we have organised the challenges but I am really grateful for the challenge too.
So a huge thank you to everyone involved!!! including you guys for playing along :0)

OK so why did I choose Zero time left?
Because by the time this challenge has finished that is the time you will have left!
tehhehee!

So then!
The Challenge
To create a card or Project using a theme we have used already this pass year
and to create a new card or project by Reusing one of the themes

We also have a mega CHRISTMAS BLOG HOP!
with lots of prizes...

We are really lucky for this Challenge and Hop as we have 2 fantastic Sponsors!
 yes 2!!
Simon says Stamp who have been a monthly sponsor for the whole year!
Photobucket
And the wonderful Stamp Fairy
Stamp Fairy are sponsoring us for the first time as they are a fairy new company but their Digi images are so cute and well let me whisper in your ear.....We are going to be really lucky to be sponsored by Stamp Fairy in 2011 too! YAY!!
tehhehee!

So to my DT project!
I had to have a long hard think about which challenge I wanted to use from all the fabby challenges we have have this first year of the ABC Christmas Challenges
and well me being me I could not choose just one so I have chosen 


I don't know about you guys but every year I buy Crackers and every year I say I wish I had made my own as the ones you buy even the expensive ones are well (cough rubbish)
Soooooo this year being I have had more time decided to make my own!!
using Bo bunny papers its a really nice thickness and gives them lovely finish
with some silver and white organza satin edge ribbon.
Oh and some peel-off's that I have had I think since I started crafting! tehehehe
 Inside the crackers:
Jokes.
Penrith Toffee shop toffee.
Proper Cracker snaps that snap!! yay!
A tag and the number corresponds to a present that will be on hung on our Christmas tree.
oh and some sparkly berries and holly
The image is the cute Snowman George from Stamp fairy
I used distress inks for colour them and some glossy accents and glamour dust.

I also wanted to use this lovely image Lilly Winter
to make a card as her Snowman is also mega cute!
I wanted to have a go at paper piecing a digi image as I don't recall seeing it done and wanted to try to do it! I am happy to say I found an easy way!
(tutorial to follow)
Adding pearls to her coat and glossy accents to the cute snowman's nose
adding torn card for snow and edging it with glamour dust to cover their feet Brrrrr
and my new favourite technique for the cuttlebug snowflake decoupage :0)

The Design Team have been busy with their Christmas preparations but they have also had time to play and have created a fantastic selections on inspiration for you! so while your hopping from blog to blog be sure to leave us all some comments
I'll tell you a secret some of us have prizes/candy too!
But Shhhhhush! I didn't tell ya!

Now I did say it was a blog hop too!
So you should of come from the
and Collected the letter C to get you started!

My letter for you to collect is - H

The next stop on our hop is the lovely Melissa where she has a fantastic project
for your inspiration and a letter for you to collect.

*************

I wanted to play these other challenges too :0)
TotallyPaperCrafts - Paper Piecing- the image
PaperPlay - Holiday Tag - This is the tag inside the crackers
Charisma Cardz - A Christmas Gift - Crackers and tree presents
(can't show tree presents but the tag is the same)
Mami Doodles - Anything goes 
AiFactory - Holiday/Christmas
Dutch Dare - Christmas
Pixie Dust Studio - Let It Snow - All over the card lol
Pile it on - Its all in the wrapping - think I have this covered too!
Daring Cardmakers - snow much fun - oh yes I have this covered! lol

Wags 'n Whiskers - snowflakes- yup :0)
Stampavie - Make a gift- Crackers and tree presents

Simon Says Stamp - blue/silver/white - Thanks for the tip off Lorraine :0)

WOW! think that is a record for me... I really did pile them on!

Dear Santa I have been a little bit Naughty and a little bit Nice!
Please send me a lovely lot of challengers to play
over at the ABC Christmas Challenges as we have some lovely gifts to give away
thank you hugs Samantha :0)

45 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creations Samantha ;-) what beautiful crackers !! :-) the card is gorgeous too and you could enter the Simon Says Stamp challenge ,,, silver, blue white ,!! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing projects, Samantha! So much work but the result is awesome! Your crackers are fantastic and your card is adorable! And HUGE thanks for your kindness and for having me in your team, you know how happy I am to be with you:-)! Lots of hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea of the crackers is relly nice and their realization is perfect! So is the card!
    Happy holidays,
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - these are fab! Can't believe you're going to let people rip that gorgeous paper though! ;0) Fab card too...looking forward to your tutorial!
    Helen x

    PS - thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card and those crackers are fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful White Winter card... love the snowflakes and the white on white, which is not an easy task.. great job..-anne-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful project with the crackers! I'm glad to say my card is in early and looking forward to the dt's great creations on this hop! Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creations Samantha! I'm Looking forward to working with you on the StampFairy DT :)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab crakers and card Samantha!
    thanks for playing at Paperplay
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWweeeeeee! You have been one busy busy gal and I love all your wonderful new creations, especially the awesome Crackers...!!

    Where in the world do you find all this energy! You've done so much and it's all so cute and inspiring! I would LOVE to find out how you created the Crackers? What a wonderfully project, they are always a huge hit!! :)

    Keep up the fantastic creativity! :)

    Lis

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol! I love the sentiments you included in the poppers! Very nice papers on the poppers and the card! I like the sparkle a lot as well :)

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card - thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have been busy Samantha, do you never rest? You show us so many amazing things here, I do not know where to begin! The crackers are fab, and the snowman image realy cute.
    hugs Dorte
    (Glad you liked my ducks..)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the crackers you have created and the snowman looks really cute. The card is fantastic and love how you have paper pieced the image.

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful projects, love those crackers and the card is fantastic. The snowman is a real cutie. Happy Blogaversary.
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great projects Samantha! I love the sentiment on the first card.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a cute snowman and little girl!love the theme all white and a little bit blue :)

    thanks for playing along with dutch dare challenge :)

    hugs
    yenni :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. you have been busy! these are fantastic! thanks for entering this week at AIF and I look forward to seeing you again
    -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, you must have been planning this for ages. I could not have found the time to create so many great projects. Love the crackers and your card is beautiful.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your crackers are gorgeous as is the card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the crackers Samantha!! They really turned out cute after all the measuring and re- measuring!! Your card is absolutely stunning OMG!! You really out did yourself with these projects!! Wooohoooo so glad you are on my team!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is such a cute card-I recently found your challeng eblog-hope to be able tpo play along regularly next year-love the idea of having all the christmas cards done early

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Samantha what brilliant crackers - fabulous!! Well done on getting so oranised for Christmas this year ... I'm having the last minute panic as usual lol!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooh, those crackers are fab, way better than shop-bought ones, and the numbered tags are a great idea.

    Nicki, xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are such an amazing bird you know, do you never stop to breathe? I'm following the hop round, just wish I could enter it with all those fabbie prizes! Stunning creations babes. Love ya, and so proud to be part of the team. Hugs, Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Brilliant snowman crackers! Have a great Christmas, love Jx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great job with the crackers! I need to try and make them myself. I just need to find the hats (im in the US so it's harder)

    ReplyDelete
  28. fantastic crackers...I wish I had thought of that earlier...too late now!!

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  29. The crackers are an ace idea and it is so nice to have ones which are hadnmade rather than shop bought. I love the way you have decorated them.
    Stunning card- so hard to do, white on white- but you have pulled it off.
    Thanks for the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are so gorgeous! I love the crackers, the comtemporary colour scheme is fab! Thanks for the chance of winning this lovely stash in the Blog Hop!

    Love Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awesome crackers!! The card is sparkly and gorjuss!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabby crackers and goodies inside them - thanks for the chance of wining this lovely stash in the blog hop, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi again :-) Thanks for linking :-) xx

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a lovely card, makes me go brrr ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fab card and I'm lovin your gorgeous crackers, way nicer than the shop-bought ones!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fantastic work Samantha!! Love the crackers!!!!! Believe it or not, had never seen them before and actually fell on some while shopping this week....love them!!!!

    Thanks for the inspiration...hopping along now....

    Hugzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  37. What fantastic inspiration and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Amazing work! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  39. beautiful project... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fabulous creations!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Samantha, Gorgeous crackers and such a sweet card :-) I am definitely going to make my own crackers next year because I was disappointed with the gifts in the ones I bought.

    Happy New Year!

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Those crackers are such a great idea. Gorgeous!
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. I will probably be too late, but those crackers look so good, shame to use them really!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Fantastic crackers Samantha, very impressive! Might had to try this next year :0)
    Happy New Year!
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this