Wednesday, 1 December 2010

Y for Yuletide...ABC DT card

I have to tell you something we had 414 entries! on the last challenge! WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOooooooo!!! well done you guys! thats AWESOME!

I have had a lovely time looking at all the brilliant cards! 
But picking a Top set this time is way hard.

 So Lacey maybe will take a little bit longer this time! But in the mean time we have another fantastic Challenge for you!


Its Lorraine's turn to pick and post this time and she has chosen
Y FOR YULETIDE
now I know this to most people sound like just another Christmas card challenge but.... when your thinking of all the things you can do for your card you need to remember to add these!
Please use 1 or all of the following things to create your card or project
Holly & Berries
or
Red & Green
or
Candles


We are sponsored by our lovely teamie Lacey
So make sure you enter with a christmas card/project
and follow the theme and you could be winning a fantastic prize.
Annie one of our fabby teamies has written a paragraph on the ABC Christmas Challenge blog all about what Yuletide is and I have to say it makes a lovely read! Thanks Annie :0)

So for my card/project I have decided to use a beautiful Woodware stamp set 
and here are my efforts
and a little closer of the candle and tag
 and the card with the candle
 I stamped the holly and berries image on to white card stock and coloured it with distress inks
my favourite, using the peeled paint to then stamp direct onto the kraft card stock another fast becoming favourite, I have used bazzill dotted swiss pale green card stock and distressed the edges of all the layers, punched some vellum, added some ribbon and a flower and brad. 

For the candle I stamped on to tissue and coloured it,
then with my heat buddy and some backing partchment heated the iamge onto the candle...
a little more tricky with tissue but I had run out of tissue paper!

and for the tag I just repeated the process for the image layer of the card.
what do you think?

*****


Here are a couple of other challenges I found to join in with too!


Crafty Little Place - Anything goes
Scrap-Creations - Anything goes
Cards For Men - Christmas
Ooh La La Creations - Inspired Christmas song - The holly and the ivy
Woodware USA - Anything goes
Scrappy Frogs - Christmas
Ellephantastic - Red and Green
Our Creative Corner - Make a tag - I have one of them too :0)
Mami Doodles - Gift items
Wags 'n Whiskers - wrap it up
*****

I really do hope you will stop by the ABC Christmas Challenge!
We are having a great time and I have nearly finished my Christmas cards and its only 1st December 

this time last year I had gone into Panic mode!
If your in panic mode over getting all your Christmas cards done 
Come and join our challenge now you will have a couple done for this year
and ready for Next Christmas you will have loads of cards done in time!
as our Christmas challenge runs all year!
see you there! 
ABC Christmas Challenge
:0)

24 comments:

  1. What an amazing set, Samantha! I absolutely love what you have done with your image! The candle and tag are gorgeous, and the card is so elegant! I love the stamped background too! All FAN-TAS-TIC! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! your candle, gift tag and card are all so beautiful and just perfect for a Yule pressie! I love them!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha, your gift set is beautiful. It will be the perfect present for a friend or family member.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Samantha, I think I am gonna try to mane a candel sone day. The candel- and of course the card- looks great.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous candle and matching card Samantha. Are you as cold as me?
    warm hugs sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely project, very Christmassy! Thanks so much for joining us at Ellephantistic this week and hope to see you again soon. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow fabulous projects love that image its gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. with hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore you matching items they are just gorgeous. I love the candle you have done as I'm yet to have an attempt at doing a stamp onto a candle without the wax running!!!

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - these are all fab! Love the simplicity of the card...really elegant...and the matching candle and tag are just perfect! Think I need that stamp! lol
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a beautiful set the image is lovely

    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW these are beautiful..thanks for sharing them with us at WNW..hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. fantastic creations Samantha !! The card is beautiful and the candle and tag are just perfect ,, WOW !!!
    you should add them to the challenge blog too !!! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what wonderful projects! These are gorgeous, Samantha! Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us at ooh la la, in our Christmas Song challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow....what a fab set! So elegant and beautiful. LOVE all of them.
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome card! I just love this holly set from Woodware. Love that you created a candle too! Good luck with the WoodwareUSA Anything Goes Challenge this week.

    Kerry
    WoodwareUSA DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. GORGEOUS!!! I Love the Holly Swirls! One of my Faves! Great projects with it!!! Thanks for playing along with the Woodware USA Anything Goes Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful project...I just love this set!! Thanks for joining us this week at the Woodware USA challenge

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous projects Thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Christmas set!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at A Crafty Little Place this week!!
    Sheri-ACLP DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice set. I like the classic holly leaf design. Very subtle and very pretty.

    Smiles!
    Gwen DTC@ACLP

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic creation, thank you so much for sharing it with us at OLL this time. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an elegant Christmas set! Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men this challenge.
    Hugs, Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  24. OOH I love this gift set Samantha. The stamp is perfect for all three creations. Thanks for playing with us this week at Going-Grey with Scrap-Creations and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this