Sunday, 28 November 2010

Cold enough for a red nose?

I love making Christmas cards ( tehhee good job really as I am the Co owner of The ABC Christmas challenge blog I here you say!) but.................what I love about it is I never get fed up looking at the wonderful cards others make! So many awesome cards, projects and ideas, so inspiring! and the last 2 challenges we have had mega loads of entries and although I can not comment on them all as I have done all year! I am looking at them all and I have to say AWESOME job! peeps!

Ok so on to my cards
I wanted to use this cute Wee image as its cold outside enough to give anyone a red nose!
and I wanted to play along with a few challenges too!
I am lovely using Kraft card, and I have using some magic mesh instead of ribbon as I wanted it to be light. I have also coloured a silver brad for the reindeer's nose, and added some art quest water colour to the rose to give it a light sparkle.
So I am entering
Totally papercraft- Non traditional Christmas colours - Brown and Green
2 Sisters- Non traditional Christmas colours - Brown and Green
Spoonful of Sugar - Anything goes
Anything Goes - Animals 
Freshly Brewed - Winter or Christmas
Creative Cottage - Untraditional Christmas
Fab 'n' Funky - Anything goes
One Stop Saturday - Christmas Cuties
Papertake - Cut it out - nesties
 I have also had a little time to play with the art quest palette for this mini card too!
I stamped and embossing in black and then have used the paints to colour the bugs with as they are shimmery and also a water colour you can blend them, with quite nice results.
No time to stamp want to see Black this week ( and now I can not find their blog! doh)
and Daring Cardmakers spots and strips - you can't see the strips so good on the photo but this kraft card I have used has embossing strips and the spots are on the bugs :0) hope that counts!

and another play just on kraft!
 Have a great Sunday we have mega loads of snow!
hugs Samantha :0)

11 comments:

  1. Lovely cards. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ya
    fabulous cards, lovely image & colouring,thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage & Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Samantha!
    Your cards are great, I love the woj image.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Samanatha - 3 fab cards - love your cute Wee, and those painted cards are gorgeous too - Art Qest shimmery paints can give some fantastic effects, I have some and haven't played with them for a while, hmmm I may feel inspired now :-)
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable, cute cards Samantha.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, so sweet and so elegant!! Lovely to see your work at Freshly Brewed Challenges! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card love the layout & image you have used, thanks for joining in at OSCC. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. a lovely cute card and i love the butterflies thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Samantha :-) I love craft card and the images and colours are all fab ,,, love mesh on the Wee one too :-)

    thanks for joining us on the PTW and TPC Challenges :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful card. Such gorgeous colours and cute image. It's lovely to see how you used the theme cute it out. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Samantha! I love your work. Thank you for your comment on my blog re the Santa cards. Unfortunately I don't know of any tutorial for them, but knowing the net, there is probably one out there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this