Thursday, 18 November 2010

Calorie and non Calorie goodies

Well I did promise I would post some pictures...
get yourself a cuppa I'll provide the munchies!!

Well some of you know I went on a course last Friday 
I was a supplier workshop course run by Woodware and I got to make 4 display boards for the shop, (( Penrith Crafts - My job for those of you that don't know and just thought my blog name was odd! thehhee!))  I was taught some new techniques and re introduced to some I have not done in a long time so it was a lovely day and I got to play all day and someone else made cups of tea and also we had lunch provided too!
YAY!

On this board Paper enamelling, Napkin Collage,
textured water colours, and gildenglitz textured water colours


this has to be one of my favourites 
working with the mica and water colour palettes, also learning about the 101 Artist Cements Awesome stuff! and the adhesive great tape!and the mica tiles which are a little difficult to see in these pictures but I am gonna have to find some more time to play with these products and maybe even run some workshops at the shop.
Then Dicrofibers these are awesome too!
you can die cut them and emboss them once they are ironed together!
I see possibilities here!!
Using the great tape and making faux lace and also the duo Adhesive that you can stamp with and use with the gilding flakes is awesome too!

and now for the munchies

My Mum and Dad came over for dinner at the weekend
so I thought I would have a go at making some Soda bread
Now for those of you that don't already know Soda bread has very little ingredients
and you know what No yeast!
Success a lovely loaf
Also we had organic chicken hotpot!
and for yummi pudding......
A zesty lemon Meringue cheesecake
I made this with our own organic duck eggs and ginger-nut biscuits


My Son does not like lemon meringue, so I made him a treat too!
Vanilla and chocolate chunk muffins
 We all went to bed happily full!
tehhehee!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow ,,, what fabulous creations Samantha ,,, the boards are fantastic and am sure the customers will get alot of inspiration from them !! GORGEOUS !! :-) you are lucky going to such a fab workshop ! :-)

    can I come for lunch next Sunday ??? lol :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samantha
    it looks like you had a great day with Woodware. The cards you made are fantastic. Your display look great.
    And the yummy food. I think you might have tempted me into making some soda bread too. Next time you make lemon meringue I will have your son's portion!!!!!!!!!
    hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - those samples look fab...you clever bunny!

    Love the look of all those delicious baked goodies too...guess you've been watching River Cottage again! ;0)
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boards are fantastic, Samantha! There are lots of techniques I don't know, I hope you will post even more about them:-)! Also wanted to say a personal hello on your blog before going to bed, I hope you are well... Lots of hugs, Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wee.....your display boards look absolutely FAB!
    Hmmmmm foods looks rather tasty too......drool!
    Hugs
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this