Wednesday, 6 October 2010

'U is for Under the Tree' ABC Challenge and DT project!

Wow! We have a lovely lot of challengers for the T for Tree challenge,
83 entries!!
Awesome projects were entered!!
Don't forget to check later to see who the Top 3 and winners are!


Some exciting new this challenge too!
We are holding a DT call on this challenge, All you need to do if you fancy being apart of our great DT is to enter a project and add DT after your name!
if you also fancy telling everyone about it on your own blogs that would be great too!

Maybe we will even get a few more people entering this time! you never know maybe we will hit 100 entries too!
OK so I will now calm down and tell you about our challenge...
Helen has choosen Under the Tree, and she wants to see a gift or a gift bag/box...
The sponsor this time is  Simon says Stamp.
Ok so for my project I decided I wanted to make a alter art something

My Son had just finished the last of the hot chocolate and was emptying the recycling ask me which recycling box in our garage to put it in as the packaging has cardboard and metal on the same item, I looked at it and said neither! you should have seen the look on his face... Frown!! WHY?

"Because I am going to use it!"

So here is the tin
Photobucket
Now I know how much we all love chocolate??? RIGHT???

Soooo I though as the tin already smelt so yummy!
I would go with the flow and put handmade chocolates into it!
Photobucket

Here is my finished yummi chocolaty gift!
Don't think the chocolates are going to last till Christmas mind! tehehehe
Items I have used include:
Bo Bunny papers, Kraft card, versamark ink, PB snow scroll stamp,robins next gems, glossy accents, cuttlebug snowflake die, blue organza ribbon, jewel brad,Claudine Hellmuth Studio Matte Multi medium, Ranger silver acrylic dauber, tissue paper, divine swirl cuttlebug embossing folder, almost all of these items were already in my stash but I have not had enough time to play.. so I decided as we were making a gift I would make time to play!


For anyone that has not used Claudine Hellmuth Studio Matte Multi medium its brilliant, its an art quality gel medium used for gluing, image transfers, sealing art, I used it to seal the lid and base and then glued the tissue paper on once dray painted with the silver acrylic dauber. 

OK so if you love having fun and thinking outside of the box!! tehhehe (PUN intended) then after you have left me a comment (wink) head over to the ABC Christmas challenge and take some inspiration from the FANTASTIC DT projects and then join in! I can't wait to see what you make and remember is a DT CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also want to add a couple of other great challenge that I have played along with too!
Crafty Ann's  - Anything but a Card - altered tin
  Spoon full of sugar - Sparkle and Shine - glamour dust, gems and brad
Crafty Cardmakers - Step away from the square  - altered tin
Sweet Stampin - Punch it out - Snowflakes & border
Oh la la  -  Nothing Floral - Nope zilch!
Paper Sundaes  - Something From Your Stash - almost all of it! lol
Stamp something - Something to celebrate - what better celebration than Christmas?


18 comments:

  1. What a great way to recycle... its gorgeous.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely, difficult challenge for me tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmm - Yummy Samantha! Love the altered tin and it's such a great idea to put the chocolates in it. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Samantha i love how you have decorated the tin and the chocolates look so yummy. Thanks so much for having me as your GD.

    Hugs Paula xxxx
    Ps ive sent a email. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow how creative it's so pretty and those chocolates look so yummy I bet they dont last till xmas too

    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab Samantha.Did you eat chocolate while making it. The smell would have tempted my taste buds. Lol!!! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Samantha! Love the soft colours you've used to decorate the tin! :0)
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creation Samantha ,, the tin is beautiful and the contents ,, I can almost smell em' :-)

    have to look into this multi medium ,,, think I NEED some :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh this is yummy. A great project.Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome project. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Sundae's this week and using something from your stash.

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! Great idea and lovely papers! Thanks for the inspiration - I have some empty cans too ;)
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oohh am back again lol ,,,, forgot to say thanks for joining us on the Stamp Something Challenge too :-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that's what I really call recycling! You've made this into a gorgeous tin, with beautiful colours. Thanks for playing along with the Sweet Stampin challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic recyling project. You get to enjoy the drinking chocolate and someone else (not you naughty girl) gets to enjoy some real chocolates!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a yummy and gorgeous gift! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful gift, Samantha, so beautiful! I love the soft colours you have used, your box is really gorgeous! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow,this is so pretty and the chocolate looks delish. way to go.


    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a fab project! i recycled one of the dishwasher tablet boxes to store my sticky gems the other day! you always look twice before throwing anything in recycle just in case its useful :D great work hunny! thank you for playing at crafty cardmakers x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this