Wednesday, 5 May 2010

J for Jingle Bells Christmas ABC DT Card - enough to give you belly ache teheee

This fortnights challenge on ABC Christmas is
J for Jingle Bells
It's Annie's optional extra this time and she has chosen for us to use a Punch something!

So here is my card

Now I know its not a Christmas image but there is a reason
1. I wanted to show that you can turn an everyday image in to a Christmas card...
2. And while chatting to Lorraine my DT and blog buddy we were mulling over images and I said to her the only Bells image I could find was the image I already used for the B for Bells challenge, I decided I needed to think outside the box! sooooo I used the Penny black image a kitty in a ballerina or belly dancing out fit and added jingle Christmas bells to her dress and with my PC generated a Christmas play on words sentiment!

I have a friend (crafting buddy) who goes to belly dancing and she also has a few cute kitties, yes you know who you are but I will not post your name in the vain hope you don't see this post! tehhehee

sooo for the rest of you great blogging friends there is no excused for not having a bell image is there?
and you have to leave me a comment and then head straight over to our ABC Christmas challenge and join in! after all there's only 233 days left till Christmas!! teheheheee!
We are sponsored this fortnight by Simon says stamp and we have a Guest designer spot up for grabs too! look forward to seeing you play along I know my Christmas card pile is now looking quite healthy now! YAY!! and we are only on J for Jingle so its not to late for you to jump in and enjoy the fun!
Samantha :0)

I wanted to play along with a couple of other challenges this week as I have not made many cards recently dues to not being very well for a while but I am feeling a lot better and even my trapped nerves are a (little) touching wood (my head) better, But I have still having private physiotherapy! just wish I was spending the £33 per session on craft goodies instead! lol!

Ok sooooo the other challenges I am joining in with are:
Penny Black Saturday - Lets get punchy
Bah! Humbug! - Snowflakes
Christmas stampin - Easel card
Paper Play - Pretty Pastels
Cute Card Thursday - Make your own - I have made up my own sentiment/verse
Stamp something - Super fantastic sketch
 Allsorts Saturday - Animals
Spoon full of Sugar - Furry friends

Don't forget to go see the rest of the great ABC Christmas Challenge DT cards they are fab! and please do leave them a comment they work extra hard to make chrismtas cards all year for your inspiration! hugs Samantha :0)

* * * * * * * * * * *
Edited to add a post about an extra surprise:

Our lovely Helen has Celebration Candy open to Active blogger's 
Ends 15th May so pop over and while your leaving her a comment
on her J for Jingle card you can have a go at winning her candy too!
YAY! I have.....

15 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and fun. Fantastic easel-card.
    Lovely colors and coloring.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Stamp Something this week.
    Dorte aka dot-scrap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your easel card. You have done a great job with enterpreting the jingle bells on her skirt.

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant, Samantha! I love it! Love how you have turned it into a Christmas card! Beautiful image, lovely colors, great sentiment and bells!! I hope I can find some bells to take part in the challenge, I haven't found anything yet :-(! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo this takes me back to my belly dancing days! I keep promising myself that I'll go again as soon as I have the energy .. .. in the mean time I'll keep the scarves and jingle jangles dusted! love this card and the ingenuity of using this cute PB image - and great embellishing too.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Samantha :-) I am sure your friend will just love this :-) the image is just so cute wth her belly bells :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who's a clever clogs then? Brilliant creativity using this cute image for a xmas card. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug! this week.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so much fun Samantha...*** will love it! ;0)
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so cute and my favourite snowflake......thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the belly dancing cat Samantha. I reckon I should be able to belly dance. I have the shape.....just got no rhythm!
    Your friend will love it
    Love sarah XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Samantha

    What a fantastic idea - I love it. Gorgeous papers and that fabulous snowflake - just perfect.

    Thank you so much for joining in out latest challange at Bah! Humbug!

    luv
    irene
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet! You're right, I wouldn't have thought of this for christmas but she's great! Fab bells too!

    Love Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card love the image and the colouring is great...x

    Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Samantha! Your card turned out beautiful. I love the winter feel to your card and that kitty is adorable. You did a wonderful job with the easel card. Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas Stampin All Year Long!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is just adorable. Love the pun and the really clever use of 'a not so Christmas' stamp.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant card, Samantha. It's clever the way you've made that stamp fit in with Christmas, and I love the bells around the skirt.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this