Saturday, 15 May 2010

A card for a special friend....and update on ducklings

Well we have managed to re build the shed and even got the roof on! need to do the felting of the roof tomorrow and then we can start work on the back half of the allotment we have inherited a blackcurrent bush and me with my big ideas thought we could have a small section of the back half of the allotment as a fruit corner so we have to fence/mesh it in or there will be no fruit because once the ducklings are big enough that is where they will be moving to live and ducks being duck they will try to eat everything in sight! lol.... Here is what they looked like last time you saw them 
 

Well they were very small and cute! 21/4/2010
they were 1 week old there....
here they are today 3½ weeks later.... I can't beleive that are only 4½ weeks old
OMG how much they are grown.... tehehheeee
Ok so with our busy day 
I just managed to finish a card I started yesterday...
I have made this card for a lovely friend just because.....


I have used this way cute Lili of the valley bear looking for butterflies tehehehee bless him!
and really loved using their Awesome sketch this week Lili of the valley - Cute Sketch
Stamp and Create - Monthly Challenge - Ribbon - I have used some pale blue organza although the photo is not showing it very well! Secret Crafter - Metal - Metal and blue crystal brads
I also used distress inks and sakura stardust pens and also a Penny black sentiment for the Penny black challenge this week which is flowers.... I have used some of the yummi Bo Bunny papers which I bought with some of my wages I did not even get out of the shop before spending some of my wages but well they are sooooooo yummi I felt I HAD too! tehhehee soooo these papers are soo summery they make me feel happy! so you see I NEEDED them! and while of the note of summery I see that One stop's challenge is Summer Breeze so maybe this card fits that too! 
Ok off to bed tired and busy day again tomorrow! 
hope you liked my card and pictures and you did not nod off through my long post! thehee :0)

14 comments:

  1. Wow, such cute duckies. My kids would be jealous.

    What a great card. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and those ducklings have grown so much, bless, the are so sweet
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi samantha...love your sweet duckies and your card is so sweet...but to enter for the PB challenge you must use either a Penny Black image or large sentiment...no other company images allowed.....hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Penni love the card the colours are fab and how the ducklings have grown but they are still so cute too. Hope the weather holds for your work today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Samantha - love your new papers...and that wee bear is sooooo cute!
    And your ducklings are adorable!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable card Samantha - i totally love your use of that image and your papers are wonderful! And your ducklings are dtill sooo cute even as theya re growing :-)
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bird! THose ducklings will be lovely and succulent by the end of July. Yum! Only kidding babes LOL! Gorgeous card, the papers are fab and that LOTV bear is such a cutie. Your friend is very lucky indeed. Brilliant. Hugs, Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous i love the cutie image and the papers are great too, thank you for joining us this time at LOTV chalenge, big hugs pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Samantha! Your image is so lovely and beautifully coloured! Fabulous layout and embellies too! And I just love the update on ducklings :-)! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable, love the image and those lovely flowers. Thank you for joining us at OSCC this week good luck in the draw.
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous, adorable card Samantha.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab ducklings and great card!
    Thanks for joining us on OSCC this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card (I think it's so nice to give a 'just because' card).

    Thanks for playing along at One Stop Craft Challenge.

    Maggie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute duckies!! And great card, too!! I love the colors you used and the combo of the polka dots with the plaid!! Thank you so much for playing along with the Stamp and Create Challenge!! We have another fun one for you this month...Charms!! We hope you can play along again! :-)
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this