Wednesday, 7 April 2010

H for Holly ABC Christmas Challenge - DT card

Hi all this is one of not many cards I have made in the last few weeks 
But I loved painting this image as I just love Henry,
This fortnights it is Helens Challenge at ABC Christmas and her challenge is H for Holly Helen has done us a fabby sketch to follow

OK so here is my card! I have used Henry as I said I just love him! he's so cute!
teheheheee.... I have used distress inks for colour him and then I have used some new
colour core Vintage Collection, I hand drew and cut my holly, embossed using the holly cuttlebug folder, and used Swiss dots on the green vintage, and the text is PC generated.
I used my big bite to make the berries from the red vintage colour core. not sure how well you can see it but the marshmallows are done with a quickie glue pen and glamour dust and the cherries and holly on the cup I used my old favs my stardust pens.

Helen sketch is the Extra Challenge you do not have to follow it! but I am loving all the fantastic cards the DT have made to show off Helens Sketch so I can not wait to see yours cards too! we also have a Guest designer this fortnight and its the talented Delphine
So please pop over and join in with us this week as we are well on the way to getting a nice little stash of Christmas cards really and its only April! YAY! 

This week one lucky winner will win Simon says stamp $15 shopping spree. Wish I could win it! tehehee
would love to win some craft goodies as I am spending my wages on physiotherapy at the moment and its not cheep £33 a session! :( but touch wood! that's my head it seems to be starting to pay off! (no pun intended!) teheheheee :) and then the rest of my cash is going on wedding goodies! so still no craft goodies even thought Lent is now over! DOH!!! 


I am also gonna have a play along with these fabby challenges 


Bah Humbug is 'Embossing'
Pollycraft Challenge is 'Anything Goes'
Creative Card Crew is 'Vintage/Aged'
Pink elephant is 'Nature' well I know this is stretching it a bit but how lovely is natures holly and shiny berries?
My time to Craft 'On the spot!'



Hope you will join in with us on the ABC Christmas Challenge and one of you will win the fabby price and 3 of you will get a lovely top 3 blinkie to display on your blogs! soooooo my question is what you waiting for?????

see you there! hugs Samantha :0)


14 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love your Henry! He is so cute! Your card is beautiful, Sam, and your holly looks great! (I tried to make some, but the result was bad... so I gave up :-)!) I am glad to know your sessions are starting to pay off and hope you will be even better soon! Hugs Delphine xx PS1: Thank you so much for your kindness... PS2: I did not receive your last email again (I would have replied!)... I don't understand...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to have you join us at Bah! Humbug! Samantha.
    Your little mouse is really cute and you can see the sparkly marshmallow and the holly embossing much better in close up when you click the image.
    Thanks for joining in with our challenge and hope you will return for future challenges.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Samantha. Love Henry and great holly. Gorgeous embossing too.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Samantha :-) I love this image and the papers and hand cut holly look fab ! :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an oh so cute little mouse Hebry is. His hot drink looks so inviting. Your holly and sentiment tie in everything perfectly.

    Thank you so much for entering our latest challange.

    luv
    irene
    Bah!Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...such a cute card - I love Henry!
    Your holly is fab...and those glittered marshmallows look delicious!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable. Very cute image and wonderful vintage feel to it. So happy you could have fun with us this week at the Creative Card Crew.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is just so cute - thank you for sharing it with us at Bah! Humbug! Love it.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an adorable card. Love the cute image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at Pollycraft. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, cute image! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cute Henry and love your distressing and embossing. thanks for joining in the CCC Challenge this time hun
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovley card Samantha and he is oh so cute. I hope you are on the mend soon and will be free of pain. Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my - I forgot to stop by and you made such a fabby card with the cute mouse image. so sorry.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this