Wednesday, 17 March 2010

Q is for Quotation - ABC - DT card

ABC challenge this time is Q for quotation
well as always I am trying to find the needle in the haystack!
As I had this great idea,  (always great when the ideas are in my head)
As I was only able to make a couple of cards this week due to my trapped nerves I chose to make this one
I have made this for a brilliant Blog Buddy Can add her name now as you will see on the comment she has guessed! lol! Yes Lorraine its for you!! lol, OK so how I did it was 
found a picture of a bird from my sons book on birds, scanned it revered it and then printed it onto white canvas card,
used distress inks to colour it, stamped scrolls distressed a little more, and added distress stickles and a black pearl for the eye.
the text background is a page of quote that I typed and then printed over some white canvas card I had already distressed to match.
the flower is done in the same way as the bird but I used some chipboard
flowers for my templates. I also distressed the basic grey papers to match in.


My favourite bird quote I found was by Francis M. Chapman and I liked this one as he was an artist, and it sums up how I feel about spring.

Spring would not be spring without bird song! 

So I used that one at the top of my background quotes

take a peek at the rest of the DT cards there really Fab and the Lovely clever Helen has done a fab tutorial too! for how to make her card! 
so be sure to check that out!

and our sponsor this time is Daisy May Designs!!
wooo hooo!

Daisy may logo

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Samantha. I love the distressing and the flower.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous the bird is fantastic and i love th ebackground, may have to give that a go myself xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic card :-) I love it and the way you made it is brilliant ! I would never have thought of that ,,, me n computers don't mix well !! :-) I am suspecting who this is for ,,, but if it is for who I think ,,, it hasn't arrived yet :-))))

    I love this card Samantha ,,, gorgeous :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls!! tehehee!! Lorraine I think you might be right!! and hope it arrives soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this is beautiful Samantha!
    I love the bird...and the colours are gorgeous!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh you clever little crafter, what a great idea. That bird is a real beauty! Love your card.
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this