Friday, 5 March 2010

Cracked glass and distressed

Well I have taken 4 days for this card to come together and after going to the doctors today I don't think I am going to be very productive for the next few days...sitting here typing with the T.E.N.S machine on full pelt Grrrrrrrr the Doctor told me I have managed to trap another nerve so I now have 3 trapped nerves 1 in my neck 1 in my shoulder and 1 in my arm...sigh! not fair... and the worst part! Physiotherapy is full until 12th April! doh! 

Ok so this is a bit of an experiment, I have used a image from Pauline thanks hunny
I have coloured it with vintage photo, shabby shutters and spiced marmalade distress inks then I have stamped over with PB text background stamp in vintage photo, Then did the cracked glass effect, its quite easy but if you have not done it before have a look at the ABC techniques blog for a great tutorial here,  I then aged some figgy pudding paper and added some gilding and punched holes added string, also added a popper and then some card candy and some magic mesh... 
I am entering this into the following challenges
Polly crafts - Distressing
Paper Play - Just because
Creative craft challenge- Thanks a bunch

18 comments:

  1. beautiful card and fabulous distressing:)

    thank you for joining us at pollycraft

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Samantha :-) I love all the distressing and cracked glass ,, gorgeous ! vert 'arty' :-) I love it ! :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you take care and hope you feel better soon x x x

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Samantha, beautiful experiment! I love your cracked glass effect! And I hope you will be better soon. Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow... this is just STUNNING. Love it.

    Sorry to hear that you are suffering with trapped nerves... yuch.... ! hope it eases out and you feel better soon.

    Thanks for joining us on Paperplay this week and especially since it is my first time setting the challenge. Many thanks ♥.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Samantha. I am sorry to hear your poorly. Hope you feel the benefit of your treatment soon. Cathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful once again.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh such a pretty card Samantha. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at Pollycraft. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is stunning Samantha!
    Hope you feel better soon! :0)
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Superb card, Samantha, I love all the techniques you have used - Tim Holtz would be proud! (I think it's nicer than some of his!)
    xxsue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work, Samantha. I love the stamp, the ageing and the cracked glass effect (must try that).

    Your poor arm, shoulder and neck - what a combination - I hope you get some relief soon.

    And thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Samantha this is absolutely brilliant - love this distressed look it's fab. Really hope you're feeling better soon hun
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Samantha
    I think your card is GORGEOUS!!!
    Thank you for my award. Sorry I haven't replied sooner or put the award on my blog yet but I am just getting over a bad case of tonsillitis!Hurts to swallow, had high temp, sweats, head pounding....the list goes on and on. Going to the doctors later so hopefully on the mend
    Hope your neck gets better
    Love sarah XXX
    p.s. have you tried those lavender bags that you heat in the microwave?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Samantha
    Thanks for your comments on my Elf card. Yes I am the Pink Dandelion from DoCrafts. I found your blog from Squirrel. Hope you soon get your neck sorted, could do with a TENS machine myself my shoulder is killing me. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is gorgeous, Samantha!
    Great colors and so many lovely details! I love the distressing.
    Thanks for the lovely comment. I have not got my Smookie yet - guess he will arrive soon...
    I hope you will get well soon!
    Hugs, Anne :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful card Samantha, great distressing.

    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft.

    Hugs

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. stunning card,i love it,the distressing is fab and the image is gorgeous
    thanks for joining in at creative craft ,good luck
    lalkygirl x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this