Wednesday, 24 March 2010

ABC challenge G for Glitz DT card

This Fortnight it's Lacey's turn to post the ABC Christmas Challenge
The theme is G for Glitz with the Extra element Silver,
We have a new Sponsor Toucan Scraps thanks Angela,
Angela gave the DT a sample paper download to use for our project and as I am one for the lucky ones with a colour printer I manage to print off some of the paper to play with... but me being me not satisfied just playing with paper I thought I would try something else too!
Anyway! I know your now looking at this photo thinking what the heck is she playing at?
right?
Question do you know what this is?
No?
Ok so I will tell you....
some clues.....
its something that you would throw away or if you good recycle,
  I have washed it and cut it into a manageable size,
you wanna know what I have done with it?
well I made a snowflake..
in past posts I have showed you flowers........
Ok have you guessed yet?
Its a milk bottle you know one of the 6 pint plastic bottles you get your milk in from the supermarket.
Ok so I have this template from a font on my PC
then with removable DS tape stick the milk bottle to the template like so
  
then cut around it because the milk bottle is thin plastic it cuts quite well
but you have to be a little careful as its easy to over cut or tear.
I then printed off the sample papers from
 Toucan Scraps
and glittered some of them
then spread the milk bottle snowflake with stickles also cut another from some of the papers,
then layered up the papers and added the snowflakes and the metal Silver bead cap and metal Silver effect brad with a lovely pearl centre that matched the paper.
See just a little Extra Silver in my bead cap and gems on the snowflake.
as my card is on the shiny side I have added it to the One Stop - let it shine challenge too.
I think it turned out ok?
If you decide to have a go yourself please let me know I would love to see....!

ABC Christmas Challenge

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Samantha! And how clever! I would never have thought of using a milk bottle to make a card! I love what you have done! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so ingenious! and a fabulous one-of-a-kind card!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a gorgeous card. thank you for using my papers. And I think the recycling idea is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and what a fab snowflake Samantha!
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Samantha :-) The papers look gorgeous and the recycling is brilliant ! :-) We don't get those cartons here otherwise I would have tried it myself ! :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card! Love the milk bottle snowflake!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever & creative! Looks fab.
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Samantha. What an ingeneous idea to use a milk bottle. Love it. Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this