Friday, 26 February 2010

Working from home... cough!.... It will be done!

Te hehee as ever when your working from home on your day off you get side tracked? right??
well being me I do... I am preparing for a cuttlebug workshop tomorrow.... But as we do I am doing 4 jobs at once well kinda, I got up quite early as I wanted to finish a card I started yesterday, the card I started was with a couple of challenges in mind and also distress inks and a teqneque I have wanted to try but never just have enough time as I have to be good and leave it to dry and not use a heat tool!
Why can I not use a heat tool?
Because its ribbon/lace so it would shrivel...ok now this is not a totally new technique to me as I have tried it before but last time I was very impatient and bodged my card as the ribbon was not dry...
Soooo with this in mind here is my card
I used tattered rose, old paper and vintage photo distress inks, Pearl perfect pearls, mini mister, my cuttlebug, distress tool, and blending tool.

Now a couple of people I know have asked what is the point of the distress tool and my answer is this! you can use cut and dry foam... BUT... and it is a big stumbling but for me... As most things there are cheaper ways but as I have found and I am sure you have over time there are some things that are not worth cutting corners on! and for me this is one of those items I would not cut a corner on... It is so much easier and you get a much better result and beside! you can work the inks for blending better and without the tool its a hard job and my hands get sore pretty quick.
there are so many more reasons but I know you guys know why you use yours if you have one!
Its a bit like using scissors instead of the Tim holtz distress tool! its possible but hard going!!

I used vintage photo distress ink to colour my ribbon/lace and then had to be very patient and let in dry naturally, I stamped the PB sentiment and then set about distressing the several pieces of white card stock. random stamping a tiny dragonfly stamp to tie the pieces together,then a sprits with perfect pearls in the mini mister, 3 roses and a heart charm.

The Challenges used for inspiration was 
Simon say's stamp - vintage with flowers tick! teheheheee
Cute Card Thursday - ribbon-tastic - lace/ribbon
Totally Gorjuss - totally flowers 2nd card not done second cards before for challenges
Saturday Spot Light - mess around ... I sure did that! teheheheee

Ok now for the bread baking and the pasta spaghetti making, (note to myself - gnochetti Sardi is easier)
as they are small shapes... te ehhee
a few pictures
This is going to be Salami and Pecorino Bread for lunch tomorrow.
This is Spagheti but its not that easy to keep it all together while your turning the handle too! lol


 
and this is going to be Focaccia when it is risen and cooked
So I will take some pictures when I am cooking them for dinner tonight :0)
and oh yes! better get on with the prep! tehheehe :0)

Oh just thought I would show you thins as well I made this one yesterday at work for a customer she saw the one I had made at the shop to show how to use the templates and well she wanted one for her nephew as he was going to be 1 how could I say no....so here it is sat on the yummi pom pom wool

TTFN....

10 comments:

  1. No wonder you need a day off bird - I'm exhausted just reading about it, and hungry too (you MAKE your own pasta?!). Stunning card, so glad you were patient with it. Hugs, Squirrel xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samantha, My Tim Holtz friend!!!! Great card again and the pasta looks great time. What time is dinner?!!!!!
    Thanks for joining us at TG
    Love sarah W. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week. Suzie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZER!! What fabulous creations!! I really love your elegant card with the pretty roses and what a beautiful sentiment with it!! The distressing is fab and your goodies are looking yummy!! :) Glad I just ate lunch or I would starve looking at that!! TEE!! Thanks for joining with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been busy! Where do you get the time! Lovely cards!!! x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous vintage card samantha ,,,, I love it,, all the effort and time was well worth it ! :-)

    Lovely cooking too :-) wish I lived nearer so I could invite mysefl to dinner !!! yum ! :-)

    thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally gorgeous card Samantha - love the vintage look of it ... and that pasta looks so scrummy it's making me feel hungry!
    Hope you have a great weekend
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are a busy lady! fabulous card, and fabulous food too! thanks for joining in with us at CCT this week.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Vintage card!! The lion is cute too!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this