Wednesday, 10 February 2010

My wedding invitations and guest designer spot (edited 12/02/10)

I have removed my wedding stationery post and designer spotlight pictures, I have also asked Simon Says Stamp to remove the picture too!

Today it was brought to my attention that my wedding cards which I have made are very similar to an online wedding stationers ( I have never been on their site and had never heard of them until today when I received a phone call from them).

I have spent several months playing around with ideas, drawing and re-drawing different designs, playing around with different mediums, unfortunately it seems that I have managed to make them very similar to theirs, therefore, not wanting to cause any upsets and as mine are for my personal use and no money gain, I have removed them...It is a shame as I have enjoyed making my cards, they were based on a design I made last year for fathers day.
I used triple embossing on this one too, pushed it into a cuttlebug folder and then added beads, below is the picture of some of my sketches for the invitations...


As you can see a lot of my sketches are similar to each other, I drew a lot more than these, but these are the ones I liked and kept.
 
The cropped sneak peek was from my own invitations, I used photo-shop to crop them.
Our wedding theme is: Hearts, Red and Jewels; wire just seemed to fit the theme.
NB, my save the date cards had jewels, metal and printed words.
I have seen many ideas that are similar to mine and their made from all sorts of materials. I am sorry if they look pretty much the same as theirs, as stated I did not copy,  I had never seen their site until I got home from work tonight and looked at the link that they sent.

I would also like to add that, I work at Penrith Crafts, I do not own it! I am an employee and friend of Sandra and I work very hard trying to help her make the shop work.

Samantha

26 comments:

  1. Wow these cards are so elegant.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are absolutely fantastic!! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards :-) I am sure your guests will love and treasure these fabulous invitations :-)

    Thanks for agreeing to be in our Designer Spotlight :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh very classy. Thanks for joining us at DCD.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samantha, I am amazed at your pretty invitations! So much beautiful work put into it! I love it!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hearts (still a lot of work), and your selected font is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely idea ! Your invitations look great ! Thanks for joining us at CCC ! Smile from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my stars ... this would have taken me forever to complete ... well done! They are gorgeous and so unique!!! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight & Raise the Bar! We do hope you'll come back next week for more fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning!

    Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week - good luck!

    Hugs
    Leanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Samantha,

    These are beautiful. Sorry to hear about your Friendly Plastic troubles. I'd love to help you shorten your work time. Have you tried using cookie cutters dipped in water/veg. oil? This would really shorten the work time. You can also add glitter or other materials while the plastic is still soft. Another option is using one of the many diecutting machines available. Once you've softened the material to raise the texture of the material, and then hardened the material again, run the material through the machine for the desired shape. Check out the many videos available on You Tube for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Samantha,
    Another easy technique for creating shapes with Friendly Plastic is molds. See Mylene's technique here - it's very simple! http://bit.ly/aa6iBd

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are just stunning - so fab for your wedding and such a great keepsake - hope you made at least one extra one for yourselves!!!

    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beautiful hun...truly stunning in real life!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic card Samantha and great tutorial thanks for sharing and thanks for playing with us at DCD this week please come back soon
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. These wedding invitations are AMAZING!!! I can't believe you made all the elements - they are just awesome!!! I'm in love - and will totally have to case them :) Thanks for playing along with us over at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely! You know it's really easy to do something like this with friendly plastic - sugarcraft cutters would have done the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just thought I would answer here too! re the friendly plastic! please don't get me wrong I did do about 4 with friendly plastic they just took ages and I was not as keen on the finished result! I will take a photo and upload it as some point! thank you very very much for all the comments so far too! its so lovely you all liked my cards! I had so much fun making them! and yes they were a lot of time and effort but very very worth it I think :0) thanks again hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic design on these invitations. I'm so glad you joined the DCD challenge this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMGosh, they are so elegant, Really beautiful invitations :)

    Thank you for joining us at Raise the Bar.

    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness these are awesome!! I love the simplicity of the look of the card! And those handmade hearts are amazing!! The wire is the perfect touch!!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's gorgeous! Thanks for being our www.SimonSaysStamp.com Store blog guest designer!!!

    Luv
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  23. What gorgeous cards!! I love your hearts!! Thanks for playing with the Sat. Spotlight this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Simply stunning and classy. Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge & good luck.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Smamatha - how exciting!!!! Well, if these amazing invites are anything to go by - your wedding is gong to be pretty spectacular hun :) Your lucky guests are going to be blown away by them! Have a great weekend, love Steph xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow these are stunning Samantha, so beautifully made and I love the touch of wire
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this