Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Milled Lavendar? core colour card...

I wanted to try a couple of ideas that I have had in my head for a while
with distress inks and core colour card...
Now bare with me on this one...
When buying some core colour card stock with the intention of sanding it to reveal the whiter colour core I came across some white core colour and scratched my head several times as to why you would want to buy white core colour that had a white core??? 
well I got some as you do and figured that one day I would figure out why....

Sooooo today was the day and with some experimenting this is what I discovered...
you can used distress inks on it wait for it to dry!! (A little more than I did)
and then you can sand to reveal the white core!
COOL hu!

sooo here is my card that I made using the distress core white
and I coloured it with milled lavender distress inks
I used a couple of challenges for inspiration too!

Spoon full of Sugar - Distress inks, glitter and pearls
as I love distress inks I have used them to colour the lili of the valley image 
and then distressed the card stock and stamped the mini daisies in lavender in the background card stock too! added glitter to the sunflower, leaves and butterflies. and a few pearls to finish off. 
Secret Crafter Saturday  Mothers day (shhhh don't tell my mum)
Digital Tuesday - I have used a digi text for the sentiment
Papertake Weekly Brilliant sketch

Ohhh!! how about that Lorriane,
Thanks for telling me about Just cute Bears challenges
I have added it to my sidebar not to miss it again!
I just can't believe my card is a cute bear and its lilac!
So I can enter their challenge too!
YAY!  Just cute bears :0)

11 comments:

  1. oohh you clever thing !! :-) I bought some too and wondered 'WHY !! :-) I just never figured it out !! lol :-)

    fabulous card Samantha :-) The image and papers are fab ,,:-)

    You could also enter this into the Just Cute Bears Challenge ,,, Lilac ! :-)

    thanks for joining the PTW Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this cardstock at the art store, and like you wondered why .. .? thanks for the inspiration, I'll put it on my shopping list for the next visit. Glad you found our little teddy bear blog and love your cute card - and hope you will join in with us again at Just Cute Bears!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Samantha, thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Just Cute Bears. Hope you come back now you know where we are.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol...I'd also wondered why you'd want to buy the white!
    Such a sweet card!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC...and the Papertake Weekly Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww what a cutie. Great papers and use of distressed ink!
    Thank you for joining in the Just Cute Bears Challegne this time.

    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooooh Samantha! Your card is sooooooo gorgeous! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! Great thinking with the card too....must give it a go.
    Hugs
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of the ink and a wonderful colour. Cute image all makes for a fabulous card.

    Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck in the draw.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really sweet card.

    Thank you for joining us at Just Cute Bears this week.

    xx :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Great technique :0)
    Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears x

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous,, how cute is that bear. Love it. Thanks for playing along with Just Cute Bears this week. Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable card! Love what you did with the white core papers! Thanks for sharing with us at Digital Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this