Friday, 19 February 2010

2 cards and lots of inspiring challenges

I was going to use this image that my good friend Cathy gave me, Thanks Cathy
for my ABC Christmas D for decoration card but didn't as we both seem to have
a knack of using the same stamp! te hehehe

I decided that I really wanted to use a few challenges for my inspiration
House Mouse -  Multi fold so it just had to be an easel card I am loving making these.
Truly Scrumptious -Fabby sketch you got to check it out!
Instead of using ribbon to tie the holes together I used wire and beads
Because Simon say's stamp have a recipe and I needed to use 3 types of embellishments so I used eyelets, wire and beads my 2 papers are BG figgy pudding and some red Bazzil and also they asked us to use a HM image so of course the lovely mice playing with the Christmas tree was perfect.
Cupcake Craft are asking us to keep it simply and resisting the temptation of piling on loads of embellishments. Lastly but by no means least Totally Paper Crafts are looking for lots of spots I have used the lovely spotty figgy pudding paper.

I also used Distress inks and sakura pens and a lilly of the valley sentiment :0)

For my second card I have used another few Challenges as I really love challenges I think I am becoming a little addicted! and well I have a few people that I could blame but I won't blame them on here!! te heheee But you know who you are!! te hehehee

sooo on to my second card!
We had a lady in the shop yesterday and she wanted to see an example of the core colour white wash card and it was a shame as the copy of cards I have made using it naughty Sandra has sold! tut! tehehheee
anyway so I thought I would use some for this card. I love embossing it and then sanding so I have used a blue white wash sheet and the rough diamond cuttlebug folder.
I have also used candy cane on some brown card stock too!
The Challenges I have found inspiring are:
Lili of the valley - Fantastic Sketch
Pink elephant - Ribbon - Satin brown ribbon 
Cute Card Thursday Metal mania - Wire and metal effect letter beads
Fab and Funky - Childish

27 comments:

  1. cute cards, fab images on both, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Samantha :-) The images papsers and embellies are all lovely :-) I love the whitewash card too ,,, lovely effect ;-)
    I think I know who you're referring to ,,,, lol :-)
    thanks for joining the Totally Papercrafts and Simon Says Stamp Challenges :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute cute cards, great job! Thank you for playing along with us at TPE this week!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards Samantha and I love the papers. That ickle boy is so cute ...
    and I am not a challenge addict!!!
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Samantha
    two gorgeous card, do luv me house mouse, great image, lovely papers & layout. Thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see next week, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 brilliant cards Samantha - love the different paper effects and all the li'l details. COuld it be me who's the challenge addict lol?? I'm not satisfied nowadays unless a card fulfils at least 7 or more rofl!! It's great fun trying to make ac ard fit them though isn't it?
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these are both gorgeous, wonderful sweet images.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. These two cards are really fab Samantha. I love your layouts and you give so much inspiration. Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the cute character on this card - what a great design for a man/boy.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super sweet card Samantha, such cute little mice on this image...thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww I so love those Mousies and your colouring is gorgeous!
    Great little image

    Thanks for joining us on TS

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous cards,love the image s thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cards Samantha x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous simple creation, love it. You did a great job with our challenge this week at Cupcake

    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. such adorable cards, love them :), Wonderful papers,image and embellies used on both, thanks so much for joining in with this weeks challenge over at Simon Says Challenge, Good Luck :)

    xx

    Martine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such fabulous cards Samantah. Thanks for joining us at TS this week. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute Samantha! I love the design of your 2nd card! Thanks for playing along this week at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous work, I love the colours and design. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great take on the sketch Samantha. Thanks for taking part in the LOTV Challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  20. and thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week too! hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the image and colours you used, and it's a great take on our sketch :) Thank you for joining us over at LOTV this week. Big hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Two gorgeous card, fantastic images and papers.
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts & good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute card! Love the image and the papers!:)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!

    Hugs, Tímea

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cute card! Thanks for joining us at HM&F!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What lovely cards!! So awesome that you got even another Christmas card done!! And the image on the second card is so adorable!!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a gorgeous card.I love your image and choice of colours. Thanks for joining us on LOTV
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi great HM image fab take on the chall. thanks for joining us at HM&F this wk.

    Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this