Tuesday, 17 November 2009

Seasonal sparkle with a little chill

I know I am not supposed to be crafting but I have been at the physio this morning, as I am feeling OK I thought I would make the most of it.... so I have a few cards to offer today. I have been really good last couple of days and have been just colouring images so I have used those and I have used chalks for this one... 1. for my 1st card I managed to cram in 4 challenges, 3 are online challenges and 1 is Squirrel my craft buddy's challenge we all take turns in setting a challenge for a group of us that craft online together in a group, Squirrels challenge is yellow, pink and blue and spring! ekkk! and I have used those colours in ink and chalks for make a master board which is Saturday Spot Light challenge this week I have chosen my card also for this weeks Secret Crafter for their challenge is 4 seasons my card is 2 seasons as we could do as many seasons on our project as we wanted and although we seem to get 4 seasons in one day lately so I have made my card to be winter/spring the blossom tree has some snow on it , and to wrap it up I have followed the great sketch from Papertake.
you should stop by the challenges when you get time as the DT cards are very inspiring on these challenges and I must say for this post and all my posts where I have used challenges they are great for inspiration. I had a couple of other challenges in my head I wanted to join in with and as I had coloured the images the putting the card together was a must you understand? it would be wrong? leaving them sitting calling to me to be made into cards or something. 2. sooooo for the 2nd card I have used Sketch Saturday's fabby sketch
I have to say I really like this one! circles yay! I also want to thank Cathy as she gave me these images when I saw her at the weekend, while we were at the bridal fair she popped in to see me. I love the white gen pen too its great for adding highlights and additional snow. 3. I think I got a bit over excited with the Bazzil card stock! te hehehee we have just started to get some in at the shop think you might be seeing a bit more of it too! te hehee on my cards that is! te hehee might not be any left for the customers at this rate if I keep buying it ha haa. I have used Create4fun's cool sketch for this one
My flower I have made with the some of the ribbon I have used across the card I used a needle and thread to gather the ribbon to make the flower and then a bead cap and brad as you can see, also one of those cute tree pins, I have hand cut the holly and the big bite cut the berries... Cathy thanks also for the aged mahogany tip! think that works well with a little black soot on Santa's coat etc. that's it three cards all with sparkle and some chilly snow.

11 comments:

  1. Bleeping thing signed me out before I could post my witty comment about too much weight lifting! Fabbie cards babe, you have been a busy girl. Loving your spring tree. Try and rest that arm now. Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful cards Samantha I love the sparkle on the tree and the little gems you've added thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZER!! What a really beautiful set of cards you've made!! I love your takes on the sketches and your masterboard turned out sooo very stunning indeed!! Love the colors you've used in it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sjoe, you have been a busy bee, arm and all. Love all these creations and they are great takes on the sketches.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! YOu sure have been busy!! Love all your takes on these sketches!! YOur masterboard turned out incredible!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Sat. Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have really been busy! They're all fabulous cards! Thanks so much for joining us at PTW! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty soft backdrop for your elegant tree image! Thanks for playing along in this week's Saturday Spotlight challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgepis cards Samantha! I love your Spring tree...and that teddy is adorable! :0)
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab collection of cards - love the pearls on the tree image
    take it easy on the crafting now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly with a lovely card!

    Saskia (GD)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are lovely - I really like the tree image on the first one! :) x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this