Wednesday, 16 September 2009

A card for Sandra's grandson

Sandra asked me yesterday if I could make a card for her grandson he'll be 14 this year he is a twin and I she already chose a card from my collection for her granddaughter as they are twins. Girl cards are a lot easier so there were a few to pick from however there were no boy cards so this one I have made today from scratch, I have coloured the image with distress inks and mica paints to give shading. so over on Simon says stamp this week their challenge is....Follow a Recipe, The recipe is Use 3 embellishments, 2 papers, and 1 image on your creation! soooo I think I it that covered! I have used three things for the embellishments buttons, eyelets and a star, for the papers i have used K&co rough and tumble checkerboard and dotty ann paper on top of the core colour blue card and lastly the 1 image Greeting Farm Skater Ian was given to my by Carol thanks Carol! As this is for a 14 year old boy I can enter it in the Secret crafter challenge too! I also did some faux sticking on this card to finish the design off and well guess what challenge is over on Papertake weekly Yup you guessed it 'faking it' and by that they mean anything fake (or faux if as I'm posh) te ehhehee So as I have faux stitching on my card I can enter their challenge! Hope Sandra's G-Son likes it!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Samanths

    Cute cute card here, love the way you have followed the cirlce with bottons, very effective.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous Samantha :-) The image, papers and embellies you used are all gorgeous :-)
    In answer to your question I think everyone interprets recipes differently, the DT all used different things ,, it is open to interpretation eh :-)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    Could you re link your card to the challenge as it is linked to the challenge blog ,,, good job you left a comment so i could come and find you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Samantha - Glad you like Ian :)

    I absolutely LOVE your distressing around the matt - it looks stunning!

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Samantha, this is a great card. Fab colours and the image is wonderful. The buttons really make it stand out. Well done. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for re-linking the card Samantha :-) Now hopefully more people will come to see your lovely card ! :-)I am sure Sandra's grandson will like it :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so gorgeous chick, and a fabulous take on the challenge:) Thank you for joining us over at PTW, hugs, Dawny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had to pop over when you said you used skater Ian too.
    This is Stunning Sam I love that lay out and the distressing is fantastic this is definatly my kinda card Love it
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yah, we love skater Ian... so this is where he went to is it!!!! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab take on the challenge samantha and I'm sure he will love it.........thanks for joining in the fun this week at PTW..hugs kath xxx (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Samantha, wanted to come back to you about the pegs you saw on my blog. Yep - cropadile will punch a hole through thin end of peg - it already had a hole, but I needed a larger one, and cropadile, bless it, did the job! They make a great workshop, we're doing them again this year as stocking fillers. I did these two in about an hour including paint drying..prety good for me because I'm horribly impatient!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Samantha, perfect for a teenage boy. Love the use of the buttons. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great boys card this is love that image and your perfect papers and buttons
    Hugs Jacquix

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow Samantha your card is fantastic, I love the image and the distressed edges thanks so much for joining us at scsc hug Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant card Samantha and definitely perfect for a teenager! The colours on this card are fab! Thanks for joining us at SCSC this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card, brilliant details and love that image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this