Wednesday, 16 September 2009

A Break from the Alphabet

The ABC challenge blog have important news!!
  1. The challenges will now be fortnightly - So that gives you all loads of time to create extra special projects :0)
  2. Unfortunately both Cathy and Dawn are taking a break! - this is sad as they are both amazing DT members and there cards are amazing have a look at there blogs
  3. So they are holding a design team call, - so get yourselves over to their blog to check out what you need to do

They have asked us to

  • Post about this on your blog and link it back.
  • Choose your 3 favourite cards and add them to the post.
  • Please show in these cards what you determine your style to be.

Ok so I have chosen 3 cards but I have so many cards I like! (ekk! big head!) lol, Now I know I have not got all the up to date papers and craft stuff but I do think that crafting is not always about what you have more to the point of how you use it! and I hope that people can see that they to can make cards using what they have rather than what they haven't got.... I think that you can make cards from all sorts of things.

1.

I love this one because I have used a lot of different textures and mediums to create this card also using distress techniques, my cuttlebug and even glossy accents some of my favourite craft items, I have also used up scraps of card that were not big enough for any other card.

2.
My second card is a Henry card I have made this one using again my favourite distress tool and some faux stitching also I do not have any of the new border punches so I used my fiskars shape cutter to do the scollops, I have recycling some acetate from a perfume bottle box, and making my flower with nestie and a distress tool.
3.
This card is also another of my favourites because I have designed this idea myself I have used distress inks and a patchwork technique, I loveeeeeeeeeeee shrink plastic and have used stardust pens to watercolour with.
that is my 3 cards and I know they are asking for only 3 cards and how do you choose just 3? Want to say that, I know there are going to be a lot of people applying, and I maybe am not good enough for the job! but I do have good skills of organising and planning as you can see here ABC is a fantastic blog challenge group and if you have not seen it yet then I wanna ask you WHY the heck not! get yourself over there and have a play along! its great fun and very inspiring! Good luck to anyone who enters :0)

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards ! I love all the textures and techniques you have used on these. The images are all gorgeous too :-)
    luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards Samantha!
    Thanks for entering our DT call - good luck!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. On behalf of the ABC team thank you for entering the design team call - good luck

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A HUGE congratulations on getting into the ABC DT. I absolutely love the cards you submitted and I am looking forward to working with you. This is going to be fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Samantha. Congratulations on being chosen as one of the new Design Team members over at ABC. I love your creations and can't wait to start creating with you and the other design team members.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Samantha. Congratulations on being chosen as one of the new Design Team members over at ABC. I love your creations and can't wait to start creating with you and the other design team members.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  7. great to have you with us on the team....well done
    fiona x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this