Monday, 22 June 2009

fun Scrapbooking page

I have been wanting to play more with scrap book pages but time is never on my side! As always sitting down late as night to craft , Its nearly 12.15pm! we have had another busy week and crafting has been a need to create a few cards for family and friends so I have not had a lot of time for myself or playing but!!! I wanted to do a few more scrapbook pages for practice so one day I might get around to scrap booking the 180 photos I have of the Italian city break myself and my other half went on in 2007! for his big birthday treat! ekkk! that's a while ago! te heheee! anyhow! I need to get a lot of practice in as I have not been scrap booking long but know I like the idea of keeping some of the things I make too! On deciding to do another page it did not take much to think what pictures I would use! I know not everyone is into animals but everyone that has seen my ducks love them and now the ducklings are growing so fast I wanted to capture the 4 weeks on one page. so here it is
The wording is from the top left hand side is Just hatched 1 day old 3 weeks 4 weeks old and mummy duck 8 liitle ducks went swimming one day! Oh and a big QUACK out of some lovely cork sheet. I used a green ish 12x12 sheet as the base layer then added 2 different cut out sheets to cut the wave side I used my Bo bunny flexible ruler then punched holes all the way down both parts threaded paper cellar raffia from top to bottom then using some Dottie Ann, Magic Mesh which I distressed with Ranger vintage photo, I also used the same ink on the edges of the 2 curved layers to blend them in! then with some more Dottie Ann, Magic Mesh I used a butter scotch acrylic dabber as a template and then added the rest to the corner, I then used the T.Holtz distress tool on the edges of the circles and a little peeled paint and vintage photo distress inks on the edges. printed the words and distressed those too!

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant layout, love all those details & effects you have used to create a gorgeous page. Fab pics to show how they have grown too.
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page Samantha - love it! Carol x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this