Wednesday, 20 May 2009

Wedding invites certainly a challenge or two! - ABC and Cute Card Thursday challenges

I have been working on a project for a close friend, a couple of weeks ago she came to the shop to ask me if I would be able to help her with a huge favour! hmmmmmmM! little did i know how huge! I have been for the last 10 days making her 170 wedding invites and announcements, so I have been really busy and have had several late nights a couple of which were early mornings as well as being in the shop full time the first week and having a workshop on the saturday too! So here is what I have been doing with most of the spare time, 170 white and 170 purple(dusty concord distress ink) punched out and joined together then with the same ink 170 base cards with the ink in the bottom right corner 170 matt layers that have been printed with their names then through the cuttlebug using the embossing folder d'vine swirls also embossed using the groovy duo for the lines either side of the printed names then another butterfly punch into the bottem corner and a hole punch to take the thread for the charms 25 metres of pull bow ribbon which also gave me plenty of thread for the charms 42 announcments with no charms to go to several different countries, including Italy, Germany, Australia, Canada to name a few... 108 with flower charms and 20 with special fairy charms for close family and special friends OMG!! doesn't it look crazy how many cards in one place - finished cards on my dining table
I have not posted a picture of the inserts as they are in Italian and well I think you all know what a wedding insert looks like! mine you I had a huge job getting them sorted out 3 days and one late night! 3am! ekkk! as the program i had decided to have a dippy fit and I had to reinstall it, Invites in envelopes and ready to go and all in 10 days!!
I can breath again now they are ready for her to post and some are going to be taken by her brother when he visits their family in Sardinia Italy in the next couple of days to save her a huge amout of money on postage! I decided to enter this project into a couple of blog challenges this week, So I am entering ABC challenge as this week it is O - Orderly - balanced think the invites certainly are Orderly and balanced and I had to be totally orderly while making them in stages as the photos show!
and also Cute Card Thursday and their theme is Letters and Numbers Please include letters or numbers on your creations this week! so I think I have that covered with their names on and the E in the middle of their names is and in italian! so hope ABC and CCT challenge blog likes the invites! Their DT cards are very inspiring get yourselves over to their blog and have a look! It will be the thank you notelets next! argh! te hehehee :0)

12 comments:

  1. WOW....Samantha what an impressive spread! They are beautiful & very elegant. Well done you. Go put your feet up & have a glass of wine.......or 2!
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! they look stunning. Love them! The butterfly is ace too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous Samantha - You should be very proud of yourself!
    Love the butterflies and it's a gorgeous colour scheme!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAY TO GO!!!
    superb job, you can chill now, I know exactly how you feel I am in the middle of 150 invites.

    Tracyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant and stylish invitations. Well don on getting them all completed to a professional finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I don't think I would have the patience to make all of these, well done! They are beautiful.
    Thanks for joining the ABC challenge this week Samantha.
    Hugs
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Samantha and in good time too.
    They are very elegant and classy.
    Love Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Samantha these are beautiful - very elegant and stylish ... and well done on working through such a mammoth task without getting it all in a twist! I hope the recipient was wowed by them - she should be! and especially done in such a short timescale ... it's really obvious you went the extra mile! I think you should have a good sleep for about three days now lol!
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow, well done, that is huge, they are gorgeous! Many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge! Debx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Samantha you have done a fantastic job here honey - you should be very proud of yourself, I know I would be if I'd done them ;)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness!!! I've just made my 50 day ones for my wedding and thought that was enough - I salute you! They're so gorgeous too!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Samantha oh my word you are fab taking this on at short notice. They are truly fantastic. Thank you for sharing your wonderful creations with us this week on ABC challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this