Monday, 18 May 2009

Something blue - Secret crafter saturday challenge

Thought this would make a nice little something old something blue card for a bride to be I am going to send this to the friend that I have been making the wedding invites for!
hope she likes it!
Thought it would be a good card for the Secret crafter saturday challenge this week also as I have used glamour dust!(glitter) I used a penny black stamp of the bride and then coloured her with water colour pencils and then used a quickie glue pen and paint brush and added glamour dust, I then made the matt layer by distressing the edges and using faded jeans, I also used the same ink on the embossed scallop and then again on the plain oval I have then used a eyelet tool to cut the holes adding the blue ribbon and finishing in a small bow, a little ribbon across the middle and embellishing with a broken flower charm that had the hoop missing I have glued that on with glossy accents (my favourite glue) and then also the pearl flat back stones.#what do you think? comments welcome as always!

9 comments:

  1. great job

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Samantaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Samantha - love the glittery dress!
    Can't wait to see pics of all those invites you made!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi hope you are well and just love this card and image. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally gorgeous! Love the treaded ribbon and glittery dress. I am sure your friend will love her card.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Samamntha. I love the blues, threaded ribbon and the glitter! Very elegant.
    Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really pretty Samantha - love it. SOunds like the wedding invites are really coming together now :-)
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card, love the ribbon, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Love the weaving of the ribbon and the glamour dust looks fab!

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this