Tuesday, 28 April 2009

Gnocchi Sardi

I bought a pasta machine for rolling and cutting my own handmade paste a few weeks ago and have used it twice now but yesterday I made a batch of the dough and had a bit of a fight with the machine to make the Gnocchi Sardi shapes, we have our own ducks and chickens too so fresh eggs daily are a great plus for cooking. My Fiance and I had quite a laugh trying to get the machine to work! but we were determined as he is from Sardina (one of the Islands of Italy) and as his mama used to make fresh pasta I was not going to give up easy! 3 batches of pasta later we worked out we needed to flour the dough rather than the machine here is the results oh and I made rustic bread sticks! I have had my Panasonic SD255 Bread maker and have been experimenting with that too! be prepared to see some more of my home made dishes! see anything you like give me a holla and I will send you the recipe :0)

2 comments:

  1. Ohh fab pasta Samantha and I want those breadsticks LOL!!! You need to live closer, like round the corner!!!
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW.......Samantha, that pasta looks totally yummy!!!
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this