Thursday, 26 March 2009

Bows easy when you know how

We often get asked how we tie bows on cards
I did a little photo demo a while back for some online friends thought you might like to see it too! get your paper clips ready no expensive bow making machine needed for this tutorial.
Unfold the open end of your paper clip
Put ribbon around your card I'm using a mat layer, then start to tie the first part of your bow by folding the ribbon over it's self as shown below
Slide the paper clip over so your holding the ribbon in place
Now you have 2 hands free to tie your bow
Snip your bow tails to the length you like
Remove paper clip and in the picture below I added my image to the mat layer and then on to the card
Easy? if you still have trouble drop in to the shop next time your passing and we will show you how!
:0)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing us this Samantha - I always struggle with tying bows.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Samantha - I keep meaning to get hubby to 'build' me one of those 'bow tiey things' but keep forgetting to remind him!!!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...like Carol I thought about asking OH to make me one.....but this is a really neat trick! Thanks for sharing.
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just yesterday I struggled with tying a bow on a card! Felt like I had ten thumbs :-) Thanks for the great and practical tip!
    Stamping hugs!
    Amanda de J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great tip, especially when you need those extra hands to hold all the ends. Fab !!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this